Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1983 Red Mk2 M/T 7MGTE Swap, Bone stock M/T Black Mk2 1984, 1989 Red Mk3 A/T Turbo
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my dad have decided to reproduce the side trim for our cars and was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying some? I'm hopefully going to be running some batches this week and can do any color of choice. We plan on making the trim out of urethane

Let me know if this in the wrong thread, just thought that I would post this because I couldn't seem to find new trim and thought that some other people were in the same boat as me and would like some new ones. Pricing soon

·
Founding Member
6,590 Posts
Billy is already working on it.

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Strange thing to just decide to do. So I assume you or your dad have some experience in the field.
What trim are you considering making? It is always good to have more sources. Reading the other thread it seems this may be a one off run for folks that have already signed up to a list, not sure updates are not very frequent as of late on that thread.

I am more interested in the top of the door trim and quarter window trim.

·
Registered
1983 Red Mk2 M/T 7MGTE Swap, Bone stock M/T Black Mk2 1984, 1989 Red Mk3 A/T Turbo
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange thing to just decide to do. So I assume you or your dad have some experience in the field.
What trim are you considering making? It is always good to have more sources. Reading the other thread it seems this may be a one off run for folks that have already signed up to a list, not sure updates are not very frequent as of late on that thread.

I am more interested in the top of the door trim and quarter window trim.
My dad has been making movie prosthetics for 35 plus years and is very skilled in urethane/silicone etc. We can reproduce pretty much any trim piece if needed. For now we are making the side trim for the side of the car. If there is enough interested we could make the quarter trim too! We can also make it so that the trim doesn't fade in the sun

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I’m interested as well.
I’m part of the other group billy is running, but as stated, the updates are getting few and far between…

Reactions: Fritz

·
Registered
1983 Celica Supra, M/T
5 Posts
Idk if you plan to ship to the US (MD), but I’d be interested in both sides of belt moulding (doors and fenders) and rocker moulding. It’s cool that you’re offering this!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Idk if you plan to ship to the US (MD), but I’d be interested in both sides of belt moulding (doors and fenders) and rocker moulding. It’s cool that you’re offering this!
I can ship anywhere as long as buyer pays for it, will be through fedex also

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
The rockers are available in las Vegas from a fibre glass company. They are pricey tho.
Looking forward to seeing what else you can do.
Some window trim would be awesome!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The rockers are available in las Vegas from a fibre glass company. They are pricey tho.
Looking forward to seeing what else you can do.
Some window trim would be awesome!
We can probably do anything. For now we will do trim production but hopefully in the coming months we can start making full kits for all the trim. Ill keep you all posted!

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
We can probably do anything. For now we will do trim production but hopefully in the coming months we can start making full kits for all the trim. Ill keep you all posted!
Make whiskers… they’ll sell like hot cakes

Reactions: ItzCapt

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Rubber/urethane trim should be 'relatively' easy to reproduce.
The windows trims, is another story.
Keep us posted, I also have window trims I would like to replace.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rubber/urethane trim should be 'relatively' easy to reproduce.
The windows trims, is another story.
Keep us posted, I also have window trims I would like to replace.
Yea I'm still figuring that out. Pulling the trim off my car tomorrow and then I'm gonna try some things

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'll take a set of side mouldings. I'd be interested to see how your window belt line trims turn out.
Sure! Ill let you know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’d be very interested in the window belt (bottom of windows) as well. I have an 85 Celica GTS which shares the same trim. Also looking for the clips for the rocker mounding. Not sure you’d be making those though. I need a source as many of mine broke as the restoration shop removed the trim.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’d be very interested in the window belt (bottom of windows) as well. I have an 85 Celica GTS which shares the same trim. Also looking for the clips for the rocker mounding. Not sure you’d be making those though. I need a source as many of mine broke as the restoration shop removed the trim.
Wont be making the clips but ill be reproducing the trim, I believe you can get these new from toyota

1 - 20 of 31 Posts