Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Quick update today, finally got my hands on a set of trim that was usable. Made the molds today and tomorrow ill be sanding the blemishes out. Currently only doing a 84+ run as I cant source good trim from a 81-83. I'm also going to start working on a better way to mount the trim as the old brackets tend to rust away over time. I'm thinking about buying a bunch of clips and have them built into the the trim. Another person doing trim is using double sided tape which I don't think would work in any cold climates.
Just wondering if there are any updates on this project? Very interested if you are able to do a reproduction run. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just wondering if there are any updates on this project? Very interested if you are able to do a reproduction run. Thanks
oh yea I forgot to update on here. I got most of the 84 trim done but I'm having a hard time finding the trim that sits on the rear quarter panels. Mine are are curled up, Im gonna go to some junkyards and they might have some good ones

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh yea I forgot to update on here. I got most of the 84 trim done but I'm having a hard time finding the trim that sits on the rear quarter panels. Mine are are curled up, Im gonna go to some junkyards and they might have some good ones
Would an extra door trim piece from an 82 Celica help at all in getting the earlier style made as well? Or are the Celica and Celica-Supra Trims different lengths?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Would an extra door trim piece from an 82 Celica help at all in getting the earlier style made as well? Or are the Celica and Celica-Supra Trims different lengths?
should be the same, I have a 83 that I've been pulling off trim from. The only difference I've seen is the front since the 84 and up had a different bumper, Im looking for the number 3 and 2 trim as both of mine are curled.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well if you find any good extra rear quarter pieces I’d be all over that. I’m in Regina. My brother lives in YYC.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Hey Fritz, post some close up pictures of your trim. I'd love to see it.
sorry for the late response. I've been busy with school recently. I just got a good set for the rear so ill be taking a mold of it today, ill post some pics of the process! If you scroll up a bit I believe I put some photos already

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Yawwwwwnnnnn....is it morning yet? ;)
haha way past that! I've been working one them but I didn't have the shop this week so I wasn't able to do much besides sanding. Good news is that next week I get to use the shop and finish pouring the molds for the rest! (by shop I mean garage, which is my dad also uses and I cant have chemicals everywhere when he is working.)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Finished sanding a couple pieces, getting ready to mold for the final run Ill post some pictures in the morning. I've also found out that I can paint match as long as I get a sample of the paint, that means that if you want to have the trim matched with your custom paint job it is now possible. It will also not chip or fade since it will be infused with the rubber

41 - 58 of 58 Posts