Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New issue: I've heard that when you reset your timing the ecu should be jumped. And when jumping the ecu the rpms should change, and the check engine light should blink. When i jump mine i get no change in rpms or a check engine light. I've traced the jumper plug wires back to the ecu and they are connected. So first, is this necessary? and if so, any thoughts on why mine isn't working? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
What year-If non 82, no blinking CE light is usually a TPS problem.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wiring harness is from '83, as is the TPS (3-wire). Donn29, i'd like to do that test but you're a little over my head... I'm not sure what the "IDL pin, E2 pin, T and E1" are. If you have time, a more detailed explanation would be much appreciated. Thanks for the replys.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The wiring harness is from '83, as is the TPS (3-wire). Donn29, i'd like to do that test but you're a little over my head... I'm not sure what the "IDL pin, E2 pin, T and E1" are. If you have time, a more detailed explanation would be much appreciated. Thanks for the replys.
Then some of it may not be correct, I'm not fully up to speed with the 83/84 stuff. Look at a TSRM for the TPS section and how to check codes.

IDL T E1 and E2 are pins on plugs that go to the ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts