Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is cold I have trouble starting it. I only have this problem if the outside temp is around 45 or lower. I thought it was the cold start injector so I bought a new one $140 and put it in. It seems this still has not fixed my problem. Now keep in mind this is only a problem when the car has sat over night and cooled down after it starts and comes to temp it is fine for the remainder of the day. If it wasn't the cold start injector what could it be I need to figure this out soon bc it seems to be getting very cold rather quickly here in NJ

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Thermo timing switch in thermostat housing?? Should be able to test it from the TSRM...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
+1 on the timing switch (it is the brown one). I have seen quite a few of the timing sensors go bad, but none of the actual injectors go bad (unless it just needed cleaned).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys ill check it out and let you know what happens. Well at least I wasted my money on the injector lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
guys I am having a lot of trouble finding this part it seems almost impossible. There are two sensors on the thermostat housing the one does coolant temp I can get that one but they can't seem to find any place that has the thermo sensor switch ANY SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Are there any junk yards near you? Pretty much every Toyota from '72 to 90(something) has the exact same sensor you need.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Nice call Chris!!

Are there any junk yards near you? Pretty much every Toyota from '72 to 90(something) has the exact same sensor you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts