·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh? Nice knowing your not the only nut out there! heh? :wink: Many of my friends shake their head when they hear the scale of this project. "Huh! Buy yourself a new car." and comments like "Its a too big of a project! Put your money elsewhere".

But then i go like this: :lol:

And i say to them. "Just take off in your puny little car. In a few months you will be drooling as i fly by! As the only way to fly, is in a supra."

8)

Btw: Good luck to you. Do you have any pictures of your little woud to come project?

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Holy Rust Batman :shock:

Good luck on your project

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
not really. My project is just as big if not bigger but there isn't that much rust repair to do as the car is actually pretty mint. But its got the usual quater rust starting and a couple other places.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
hehe, that looked like my car not that long ago... all i could see was dusty metal in the hatch, and then it was all back together, as i couldnt do any welding or major rust repair at the time.

coming apart again this winter, and im gonna do it right, with POR15 and patch paneling.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Opti, is it just me or are your taillights weird? We should really compile a table of all these US/CAN/AUS/EURO differences

Also, is that your page? Wicked slick design, I love that colour scheme.

Edit: Lights aren't weird, it's an '83 :oops:

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
lights most certainly are weird compared to ours. They look like our celica lights. Notice the freakin HUGE license plate piece in the center? I'm glad we have wee little license plates in NA

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SupraFiend said:
lights most certainly are weird compared to ours. They look like our celica lights. Notice the freakin HUGE license plate piece in the center? I'm glad we have wee little license plates in NA
The only problem i got with my Supra's outlook is the rear lights. Not that i find your rear lights any prettier! :lol: (were all cursed on this one).

And the huge license plate? Yeah i hear you! We cant even have names in them like you can. I mean, with license plate this big, you can fit entire poems in there. (Yeah, i can picture that - "Dispatch, we are in pursuit off a black Celica Supra license plate ... i think it is a late O.W Holmes, confirm? My Aunt by O.W Holmes. Over").

Its getting late ....

BTW: Emohawk, thanks for the compliment on my page! :)

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
:lol:
:greatpos:

But I disagree, I like both of the tail lights we got here in North America, on the supra anyways.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, guys. Its all about taste, and what you prefer and not prefer. But Supraracer007 - you must have done something with those rear lights. I mean, its so colorfull. It litterally screams at your face :p

Or is it just rest of the car .... :shock:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
opti said:
Ok, guys. Its all about taste, and what you prefer and not prefer. But Supraracer007 - you must have done something with those rear lights. I mean, its so colorfull. It litterally screams at your face :p

Nope, didn't alter the stock tail lights. Didn't alter the paint either...it's a stock color. The car is a little on the "loud" side I guess, but I like it like that :wink:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Actually, it's not that big a project as one might think. Sure it's time consuming, but that's about it. If you're good with body work then it should be a great winter project. Now, just be sure that when you put it all back together again you don't have any left over parts! ;-)

- Mike

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hey, does anyone know if there are after market rocker panels or rear quarter panels for our cars? Just curious...

- Mike

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glaucus said:
Actually, it's not that big a project as one might think. Sure it's time consuming, but that's about it. If you're good with body work then it should be a great winter project. Now, just be sure that when you put it all back together again you don't have any left over parts! ;-)
Nah, its not that of a big project given two factors is in place:

1. You have a workshop, or at least a garage to work in.
2. Your skilled in mechanics/body work/repairs.

When i got my drivers licence two and a half years ago i didnt know shit about cars. Now im replacing various mechanical parts (well doing my best at least) and still feel i dont know shit. I also have to switch between working places all the time becouse i dont have my own garage and im dependent on other peoples good graces. I cant wait untill the winter, becouse then im going to mount my 7M-GTE in a non heated garage in minus 25 celcius. (well thats pretty pesimistic estimate, but i woudnt be surprised if temperatures dropped that low excactly that day). But i look at the bright side of things. Then at least i can ski to the garage, i dont have to take the bus :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SupraRacer007 said:
opti said:

Nope, didn't alter the stock tail lights. Didn't alter the paint either...it's a stock color. The car is a little on the "loud" side I guess, but I like it like that :wink:
Its all stock! Wow, the US supras is a bit different from European ones. That is a unusual colour. I've never seen that on another Supra before ...

Well loud isnt bad, i mean. Loud is a good thing when you want somebodys attention! :wink:

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know exactly what you mean dude, my car is pretty much stripped to bare metal, awaiting a clean and a light sand of the bog work before she gets sprayed.

I had a heap of rust in mine thankfully its all gone now :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Frank, where did you take your car to get it all done and how much did it cost you?

In the next few months I'm hoping to get my MK2 stripped and all rust cut out then repainted etc...I wonder how much it will cost... :?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
opti said:
Glaucus said:
Nah, its not that of a big project given two factors is in place:

1. You have a workshop, or at least a garage to work in.
2. Your skilled in mechanics/body work/repairs.

When i got my drivers licence two and a half years ago i didnt know shit about cars. Now im replacing various mechanical parts (well doing my best at least) and still feel i dont know shit. I also have to switch between working places all the time becouse i dont have my own garage and im dependent on other peoples good graces. I cant wait untill the winter, becouse then im going to mount my 7M-GTE in a non heated garage in minus 25 celcius. (well thats pretty pesimistic estimate, but i woudnt be surprised if temperatures dropped that low excactly that day). But i look at the bright side of things. Then at least i can ski to the garage, i dont have to take the bus :D

hehe, well, im gonna sympathize with you... this year is going to be the first year ill have heat in my garage, and the winter before last i was trying to not freeze to death in -31 celcius conditions while rebuilding a motorbike.
my advice is to find a cheap portable propane heater, they work wonders. :)
im either getting one of those, or an actual propane furnace put in, and since i get free propane.... hehe, gonna have me a warm garage :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts