Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the thermostat housing there are several sensor-looking things, connected to them are many vacuum lines. What are all these for? I know one is a temp. sensor, but there are 3. Also, the one on my 82 is broke, the one on my 83 the sensors are in different locations. Can I leave these sensors uninstalled/is the assembly interchangeable?

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
The 82 has several additional thermal VSV's (vacuum switching valves) that control the EGR and the purge port for the charcoal canister. Both the 82 & 83 do however have the two wired sensors on the T-stat housing like all MKII's. One being the engine temp. sensor for the ECU and the other being the thermal time switch for the cold start injector. Both of the wired sensors need to be left connected. There should be a vacuum line routing sticker on the underside of your hood (if it's still there) to help with proper connection of the vacuum hoses.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You see.... umm... one problem. I :oops: have the 83's hood on there since I trashed my 82 hood in the accident.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have an 83' that is still stock. I knw they don''t match up perfectly, but if you want me to check any vacuum or sensor routings, let me know.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
See if you can get ahold of George Blair. I think he may have the factory vacuum hose routing sticker on his 82 hood. In fact, he e-mailed a photo of it to me and I have it stored on my PC. I would forward you a copy but unfortunately my PC is on the fritz for the moment and I'm using a backup computer (G3 iMac). :) The 82 vacuum hose routing is like a bowl of spaghetti compared to the 83, especially the 82 with CA spec. emissions.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"bowl of spaghetti" :) lol I noticed. It sucks.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
MK2racer please email me off list
[email protected]

Thanks

Will Mcardle
aka supra_toy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts