Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just saw this thread. That 6m looked familiar. Glad you got it running. Clean car you've got there. Nice work!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words!

Over the top write up on your LED bar!
The links are especially helpful.
Thank you.
I'm Glad I actually got something to offer - so may great builds going on, and i don't have near the skill of a lot of posters here.
At some point ill have to have a body shop paint the who car but for now it looks OK and works wonderfully.

Just saw this thread. That 6m looked familiar. Glad you got it running. Clean car you've got there. Nice work!
Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Rob,
Sadly the 6M was sold with a lot of my 84 parts. the guy wanted the original 5M, the 6M , and all my 7m-gte parts and i wanted the 86 (that i have now) so it worked out well for everyone.

Even though I LOVE the way the 5/6M motors look, with the parts being hard to come by i decided that IF i every go all out, it will be with a 2JZ-GTE. But for now I'm going to continue to clean up My '86 the best i can, little by little

Got this from Raptor today along with a cat back exhaust:

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
So i finally acquired all the parts for my big brake conversion which will begin shortly.

But for now here the new shoes:

needles to say i now have the stock rims that anyone can have it they are interested, no cost just come get them - I have 15 of them that need to go.

More pics in a week or two after the brakes are installed.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
so after a few days of work it looks like this now:

I really like the new look - here is a close up of one of the tires:

The BBBK from raptor was actually easier to install then i expected. (thanks George)
Honestly, loosening the 30 year old brake lines was the hardest part.

Next year i think i will change to slotted and drilled rotors, but I'm sure this will be just fine for the summer.

I still have a few things to get finished, lie re-running some brake lines, installing an new master cylinder, some residual pressure valves, and a metering valve for the rears, as well as bleed the system.

but I'm pretty excited to try it out soon and get some miles on the care before the next project....

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Not sure if you've looked into it yet, but there are a couple easy fixes for hood props for your cf hood. I did it the ghetto free way:
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?73534-84-p-type-up-keep-and-basic-mods&p=890977&viewfull=1#post890977

But you can also buy lighter duty ones that work well, eventually i'll do this too but i'm lazy and mine still works fine:
http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?90337-Advan-Carbon-hood-installed!&p=1017450&viewfull=1#post1017450

Your car is lookin great. I like how Santa appears to be saluting your shiny red sled in the garage. Can even make out your own reflection in the side too.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
The car is now legal (again) and i finally get to drive it after a long winter.
While i was upgrading the brakes and lines i went ahead and installed a new master cylinder, residual pressure valves:

and a proportioning valve:

I bent a new line to go from the factory distribution block and loop right back around to the input side of the proportioning valve. the output on the valve connects right to the factory hard line running to the rear brakes.

One quick note, when installing the proportioning valve i found these adapters to be extremely useful :
1/8 Npt Male To 10Mm-1.0 Female Metric Bubble Flare
They connect the proportioning valve to our existing brake hard lines without having to re-flare the existing lines.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Yep, I've got another set of cam covers I repainted. Did them in wrinkle black, and they look great.

Thing is, I'd be ashamed to put them on my engine!

- Jim

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
No need for battery relocation these days, just get a lighter lithium in the stock slot and call it done in my opinion. Unless of course you are making room for piping or doing a wire tuck maybe. Those lenses look great. I love putting a towel down on the cooling panel and putting tools on it when i work under the hood, so nice.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts