Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting to old for this crap !!! 47
30 Lycra Wearing Skinny Tire Rolling Roadies on the line in the A class, I chose to ride a fully rigid mountain bike 18LBS ...ha ha !! I got the holeshot and ended up 2nd to a teeen age kid.......WTF

Tripped up a guy on one of the barriers with my front tire (he went down) he had a few choice words for me.....I could tell he wanted to say something after the race was over,,,,kind of wish he would have..am I wrong for thinking this way ??

I am an X regional pro motocross racer........Might be my issue,,,,too aggressive maybe

Weapon of Choice......braaaap !!

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Nice work! I like your rig as well. Is that an Answer fork? As for the guy getting tripped on your wheel, as long as you didn't do it purposely, he doesn't have any grounds. It's racing and things happen.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Most racers have an aggressive personality, that's what drives them to win. There's no shame in being mentally prepared for unseen events. Good thing nothing happened, hitting a minor even if he started it, has no positive outcome.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Sounds like fun. Love mountain biking, but just for fun not competition.

He probably changed his mind, the adrenaline ran out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
tripping a guy with your tire is nothing to worry about.... wait till you're racing and bump into a guy sideways and he wipes out with a split helmet and a broken wrist.... now you have a problem. From one x-country racer to another.... good work and dose up for the next one :)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
White Brothers - Rock Solid Rigid Carbon Fork up front.

I told the guy sorry as I passed,,,,,,I was prepared to simply say after the race was over ::::: it was not intentional, sorry dude !!:thumbsup:

but man...I tell you, when the adrenaline is on with cash prize on the line....get the heck out of the way, anything goes if someone does not get off the trail for a faster rider when warned !!!:mfinger:

this is all short track racing, the trial is not wide enough for everyone, more aggressive riders win, period. We may not be everybody's best friend in the long run......

Nice work! I like your rig as well. Is that an Answer fork? As for the guy getting tripped on your wheel, as long as you didn't do it purposely, he doesn't have any grounds. It's racing and things happen.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts