It's been a while since my last post but I have been working on the car everyday. Most of it doesn't make for fun pictures. I put the whole drivetrain back together, Royal purple in the LSD, Redline in the gearbox, engine and power steering, Toyota coolant. Everything was assembled but the car wouldn't fire. Forgot to plug in the crank angle sensor. Quick fix. Bam! the car fired up and ran beautifully. I almost thought it was a 24 volt 3B it fired up so quickly. The car sounds much meaner now. I took the car for an easy drive around the block and it drove well. It was hard not to dip into the boost, but my car was not properly insured and the hood was off, I didn't want to attract to much attention. But I could still tell it was more of a beast than it was the last time I drove it with the stock turbos and auto gearbox.
Since then I've been cleaning things up, I removed a whole pile of things I don't need any more now that I've gone to single turbo. I've been doing some wiring, I added an auxiliary fuse panel to eliminate the inline fuses and I've converted my single filament signal lights to function as DRL's as well as signals.
With the help of my Skyline driving Bestie, we put the hood on last night. As much as I like the the shiny single, I think it will be less of a heat score with the hood on. I've got a few more things to do, build an oil catch can/separator, properly electric fan mounts, some assembly of bits I had to take off under the car and I'm still waiting for the AEM failsafe wideband/boost gauge I ordered. I also have to decide what tires to put on the car.
Here are some pics.
Filter for idle air control valve. It has been oiled since the pic.
Mmm, delicious. Only the best for the Supra.
Getting some sun. It's been a while.