Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my flashers/horn didnt work in the 82, i had an extra 86 combo switch.

i pluged it in, it all worked had to clean contacts on the wipers.. here is the ?

there is a total of 4 plugs
2 main
2 smaller

all pluged in except the smallest of the 2, if a door is open 1 of the wires is hot? but here is the real thing, they are different plugs. wiring is off too. the 82 both wires are red w/ green stripe, the 86 1 is red the other blue. the 86 is waaaaaaaay smaller guage as well.. what in the hell do you suppose that plug is for? so far i havnt found anything that dosnt work!

any clues? :?: :?: :?:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:shock: FUDGE cycles! it was a plug for the key illumination!.. but i dont recall mine having one?? any input on that :?:

·
3,283 Posts
:shock:
lol, crackhead!!!

errr... I mean, cool, you found out what that does.

Mike

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Yes, the 82's & 83's have a key illumination ring on the outside of the ignition switch on the steering column. 84+ does not have this. Possible that your ring is burned out????

Wish my 85 had the ring. Kind of a pain to try & get the key in, after the domelight fade out feature has expired & it's dark inside. Same for the MKI.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Wish my 85 had the ring. Kind of a pain to try & get the key in, after the domelight fade out feature has expired & it's dark inside. Same for the MKI.
Does the fade out relay make the key illumination fade out on the 82 & 83, and if so...is this same relay used on the 85 & 86 for the dome light? Where is this relay located?

·
Registered
4,130 Posts
you used an 85 combo switch on an 82? I find that hard to believe. You know, cruise control stuff, for one thing.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
No, I just wanted to know where the fade out relay is located on the 82 / 83, and questioned if that same relay worked the dome light on 85 / 86.

Couldn't find key illumination on the tsrm (must be 85+wiring diagram) but I found the relay on the following page, but I can hardly read it.
http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK2/manual.aspx?S=E&P=17

1 - 7 of 7 Posts