Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My 1JZ swapped 86 MK2 is having some electrical problems. According to local 1JZ experts, my wiring harness is no good. Apparently all JZA70 wiring harnesses have problems even if left alone. It cranks but does not start. I am much too busy to fix this myself. Plus I lack the knowledge.

I am probably going to get this professionally fixed, but at the moment I don't want to deal with it. So I'm testing the waters here and I just need a car. If anyone wants to trade for a running 84-86 5 speed P or L Type + cash, please let me know.

The only thing I ask is that I get to keep my rims and steering wheel.

The swap is 90% done. Parts installed on the car include(All prices listed are the prices I paid):

- JZA70 Supra's 1JZ-GTE - $1600
- MA70's R154 with 1JZ Bellhousing - $750
- Remachined 1JZ flywheel - $250
- Spec Stage 2 clutch - $475
- Custom one piece aluminum drive shaft - $450
- Toyota 4x4 Diff yolk to make drive shaft work with Diff - $160
- Custom Motor mounts - $250
- Walbro 255 - $100
- Godspeed front mount inter cooler with custom piping(to fit JZ motor) with silicone couplers, and t bolt clamps. And Turbo XS RFL BOV - $400
- Perma-cool 16 in aluminum electric fan 2900 CFM rating - $100
- Drift Motion 3 inch downpipe + 3 inch flange - $200
- Misc. electronic bits purchased from and installed by Lee_MA61 + his hard work to get everything to fit properly. - Roughly $500.

*Side note: Before anyone gets the wrong idea, none of this was Lee_MA61's fault. I say this because CL-Toy has a thread that makes Leon look bad. I have no problem with anyone, but just remember that the harness that is bad on my car was probably bad to begin with.

NOT installed but will include:

- R154/W58 Authentic C's Short Shifter with SOGI mod. - $250
- 5M full straight pipe exhaust with Magnaflow race muffler - $250
- Magnaflow universal 3 inch muffler(to replace cat) - $100
- Box of misc 5M parts(AFM, o2 sensors, PS pumps, ECU...etc.)
- 84+ USDM corner lights.
- pair of 86 MKII doors.
- Depending on my next car, I may include 3 P type rims with junked tires.

I know I'm forgetting some stuff because I tallied how much I paid for everything in the past and it came out to over $6000.

I know that if I finish this car, I will love it and keep it forever. And I do love this car, it's just that I don't have the time for it at the moment and need to get around.

I would trade for a good running 84-86 5 Speed L or P Type + cash. Please let me know.

I AM NOT PARTING ANYTHING OUT AS THIS IS A TESTING WATERS THREAD.

*Typically, I would want this to be for Midwest people only, but if you are on the other side of the country and really want to do this and I really want to trade with you, you are responsible for transporting all vehicles.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Gee, Andrew, are you sure you want to keep those rims? Just kidding!

I'm sorry you don't have the time to finish it and I'm sorry I don't have a running MkII to trade for it! Good luck with the sale!

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
why are you selling it....if I may ask? get a cheap beater and leave this one on the side for a while!! dont give up now your almost there man

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just testing the waters. I'm having some people look at it and hopefully it will be up and running. But as for now, I just want something to drive.

Realistically, this thing will be running within a month, and I'll ask for this thread to be deleted. But if it's still not running by Winter, then I'll probably be more inclined to sell.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm becoming more serious about this thread. I will sell it for $5000 or trade plus cash if you provide your own rims since I want to keep the Longchamps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts