Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Contact Information

Name: Tony Brobston
Cell #: If you need to call, ask for my number.
Email: [email protected]
Pm: Before emailing, i'll respond either way, but probably faster via PM.

I origionally wanted to keep the origional engine and trans to my Supra after doing the 7M swap. But with the parts list that I've mocked up for this winter my budget won't be able to handle it... Therefore i'm selling everything worth anything. If you don't like my prices, make an offer.

'84 5M-GE. Currently paired with an Auto Trans, comes with engine harness and Auto Trans ECU. (also comes with anything in the picture) I got the car from a friend, it has been sitting in a field for about 5 years. I only planned on using it as a parts car. I don't know the condition of the engine, though I could turn the crank pully with two hands! I'm wanting $250 OBO for the engine and $50 for the Auto-Trans. (Odometer reads around 130,XXX if I remember correctly. I found a receipt in the car saying the Trans was replaced at 90,XXX)

'85 W58. $100. I had another parts car in the past, I sold the engine off about a year ago, according to the prior owner the trans worked fine.

'85 W58. $150. This is out of my black Supra. I know for a fact it shifts perfectly. I'm using an R154 out of a mkIII that I just bought once I piece my Supra back together, so I have no need for it (though I hate to see my origional trans go... but unfortunately parts arn't cheap).

'85 5MGE. $500 OBO. This is out my black Supra. It's my origional engine. The car would overheat when taking exit ramps or ran longer than 2 hours. I figured it was the radiator, but I don't know the full story. I planned on keeping it if I ever needed a spare 5M, but I doubt I will. It comes with everything in the pictures. Though it has a Mid-Sump pan and no oil pump. (Unfortunately I used that on my 7M).

I don't know if anyone would be interested in a Passenger Side door. I also have a Good Passenger Side Fender (if you want pictures of the fender I can get them for you, I just don't currently have any loaded). I'll let both go for cheap, just make an offer.

Also I have 2 A-Arms (rear control arms, w/e they're called!) For sale! I have been busy lately with Classes and Exams. I haven't had a chance to take them off, but they look solid and if anything have only surface rust. If you're interested, I can either send pictures of them on the car or take them off ASAP. I'm looking for $150 per Arm. So $300 FIRM for the set. If it comes down to it, I could keep them as a spare set.

Also I have a set (driver's and passenger's) Strut assembly, (Stock Springs, Stock Shocks). I'm not sure what they're worth so make an offer. I forgot to take pictures of them (again, if you want pictures I can get them. PM with a request) I was going to keep these to be modified for upgraded suspension (I have two sets and only need to keep one set).

Thanks for looking!

Tony

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you willing to ship the auto trans to 79936? is so LMK what it will cost. thx.
I'll look into shipping it. It'll be $50+shipping. I'm guessing Greyhound would be the best route for something this large and heavy, does that work for you? I'm busy pretty much this entire weekend, so please have some patience but i'll get to is asap.

Thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
whatever works, usps, fedex, ups, greyhound...im easy.
find out shipping for both man. trans to 31909 and let me know may want both thanks
I'm just gonna go measure it, guess a weight and then check some quotes via the internet. I've got a busy day ahead of me today, if I don't get to it today, i'll do it tomorrow, and if not tomorrow i'll do it Monday. I'm trying to be straight forward with you guys, lol. I don't want to beat around the bush, i'll get to it asap.

Thanks!

Tony

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bump...

Auto trans may be sold.

In the next week I should have the strut assemblies off and the a-arms off and pictures up.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bump.

Strut Assembly pictures are up. They'd be perfect to do the coil-over mod on. To keep your stock units stock, incase you ever want or need to switch back.

Tony

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
The Auto trans with torque converter arrived, the rear cup on the tail housing was smashed and was leaking trans fluid everywhere, but it did make it.

Thanks for the great deal and going through all the BS that this required to be shipped. I know it sucked but now people know youre a good seller and trustworthy...thanks again:good:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Auto trans with torque converter arrived, the rear cup on the tail housing was smashed and was leaking trans fluid everywhere, but it did make it.

Thanks for the great deal and going through all the BS that this required to be shipped. I know it sucked but now people know youre a good seller and trustworthy...thanks again:good:
It was smashed???? :32:

That makes me feel horrible... :eekfacepalm:

I drained as much fluid as I could possibly get out... I held it over a bucket...

But thanks for the good rep, I did my best.

Tony

1 w58 is still for sale! A-arms are off and ready to be shipped! I'll get pictures up soon.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can I get a bellhousing from one of the w58s?
No, I don't see the point in splitting it... unless you want it to be overpriced...

I'm in a weird situation, I bought a 85 Toyota Cressida, the w58's still arn't sold. I have someone that wants both of them. The Cressida was locked up when I got it, I'm putting a different 5m in it with the stock auto trans, I'm a bit concerned about the trans, so I'm going to have the car running before either w58 is sold. Hopefully that'll be within the next 2 weeks (the engine/trans is ready to be dropped in, but unfortunately it's 20 degrees out, the garage i'm working in isn't insulated and my propane heater is pretty much out of propane, lol)

One 5m, the strut assemblys and the a-arms are still for sale.

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts