Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend Gave me one of his OEM-Stereo to replace the one in my car that is not working so good.

Very interesting small/ small detail I dont think anyone has notice this

I notice one small dif between the two original stereos for 85-85 p-type.
One has three buttons for am/fm and am/st, just below the tune buttons.

The other one has two buttons am/fm and sens

One has #1623 the other has #1626 on the front

Its intresting to find the dif models and things, just like I was told that in the US there were no P-types with digital dash/ only L-types

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
you're in vancovuer too!!

where are all these people coming from?!?!?

i have a canadian p-type with a digital dash :D

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea bud I live in Kits suprafiend lives in Burnaby
Kevin lives in Langly ect... maybe I,ll see you some time?

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Dzone,

According to my copy of the Toyota Press Release for early 1986 (that I got from Archie Bowles (who also has a 86)), the 86 MKII's had AM Stereo on the factory Fujitsu stereo's. This was one of the subtle differences between the 86 & 85 models (besides the centermount 3rd brake light). The 85 Fujitsu's did not have AM stereo.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Thanks Chris, I had no Idea, so Maybe my previous Deep red 85 was actually an 86 but did not have the red brake light. hmmmm.

Chris you are definitly the guy for research. :robot:

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
CJSREDPRA said:
Dzone,

...(besides the centermount 3rd brake light). ..
Hey all,

Sorry to steal the thread. CJSREDPRA, do you by anychance have a photo of your 3rd centermount brake light? In Australia it was not mandatory to have a 3rd centermount brake light until late 198es9 so my MA61 doesn't have one...

Any one else who have the photo of the light please post it up or e-mail it to me...

Cheers

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Sorry, I don't have a centermount 3rd brake light. My Redpra is a 85 & the 3rd brake light only came on 86's.

Talk to either Seamus, Charles, or Archie & see if they can provide pics of said item.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
here, the one on the right...

http://www.pbase.com/image/17904627/original

Its not a very good pic. Personally I wouldn't bother. I'll leave mine on as its the only external sign that the car is an 86 but frankly the thing looks like it was tacked on as an afterthought, which it was. Doesn't really do anything for the car.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i just got a 2-din fujitsu-ten from a friend of mine, it's radio-cassete, 2 pieces, and it has AM stereo. It came from a 1987 AE86 trueno (based on VIN).

I put it to my supra yesterday, with 4 sounstream speakers, and i am very happy with the S/N ratio , i don't hear noises, just music.

he is pics:

car out

radio-out

one small problem, the down piece, the cassete player, lights are not up,eventhough the black back connector is inside.

is it normal?

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Wow, talk about bringing back an old thread from the dead, 4 years old man. Significant thread too, I had just met DZone at the time and hadn't met Slip yet. How things have changed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts