Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

TX - DFW area meet. Feb 3rd (saturday) Cars and Coffee in Plano

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  pdupler 
#1 ·
Anyone been to the Plano cars and coffee and know how early we need to get there to get in? In Austin you need to be waiting at 7:30-8 at the latest or you might as well not show...

https://www.facebook.com/events/390567931365095/
FEB 3
Cars and Coffee Dallas
Public · Hosted by Cars And Coffee Car Meet
Saturday, February 3 at 7 AM - 10 AM

Cars And Coffee Car Meet
6800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, Texas 75024
(pasted the info in case anyone is allergic to facebook :p)

I'll be headed up that way to check out the new motorcycle show and visit family, might as well get a car meetup going at the same time eh?
http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/dallas-tx-1

I have family who lives up that way so I might go up Friday night to save myself 3 hours of driving and not risk traffic, you just never know if 35 is going to take 3-4 hours or like 6...

I've got a parts car and a bit of a stash as well, so if there is anything you need/want I could bring it up that way with me if you're interested. I'm sure this won't be nearly as big as Wheels for Wellness, but we had a blast at that one so let's do it again :D
https://imgur.com/a/phgKK

Shoot me a PM if you want my number to meet up, or if you're ever in Austin of course shoot me a line.

See less See more
#4 ·
I've never been to this event. Its actually quite a trek from Fort Worth and I'd always heard you needed to be there by like 6:30am or some ungodly early hour, plus that once in, it gets so packed that you're not getting out till its over. So I never went. But if there's going to be mk2s, then it might be worth it. As long as the weather holds.

This time of year in Texas, it might be in the 60s and clear or in the teens with sleet and ice. We should know whether or not its happening by the 10pm newscast weather report the night before.

#5 ·
Between 6:30 and 7 seems about right, if we all want to park together. I have left the lot before the end of the event, after about 2 hours of being there. If anyone is blocking, they are pretty good about moving. I can't say from experience, but I've heard the winter C&C's are not as packed.

#6 ·
If the long range forecast holds, we're supposed to be warm all week, then a cold front drops in for Friday and Saturday morning will be in the low 40s. Stay tuned.

#7 ·
I'm in cold weather and all. Once again though my car is down and will have to ride in with Preston or Gamble. We could have a show and tell afterwards at my place and I can show whoever my project and mess of parts.

#8 ·
Man, we need to do up a map with all thes places we're trying to connect. Plano C&C, your general area so we can cruise over there, and I should toss in the area i'm staying near the Dllas Zoo too of course and the motorcycle show, this is getting confusing :p

#13 ·
Haha ok so i think Nick figured it out for me, this is the target right? I'll be there at 6:30, eagerly anticipating the coffee portion of the event
2200 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093

Looks about 3 miles south of the event, which is great.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/220...a24ada23c9!2m2!1d-96.8241487!2d33.0660941!3e0

Lemme know if that's for sure the one and i'll edit the first post, and send that info to the texas supras guys as well

#14 ·
Had a blast, thanks for comin out fellas. Being out that early and being in a shitshow of unorganized traffic really made me appreciate how well run wheels for wellness is.

Preston here's the pics of your shadow emblem: https://imgur.com/a/FGcow
Your tax is me posting this silly pic of you through the hood window of a zr1 :p

Full album of pics from the event: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MCrTDfNNPgtqmj8B3

#15 ·
I won't go to that Cars and Coffee again. Figured with the temps about 40 degrees, it wouldn't be terribly crowded. Wrong. Underestimated the travel time from Fort Worth, its a long haul, and got there about 6:45am, the guys had already left the Target parking lot and were in line. I waited in a long line of traffic for an hour before the cops shut down the entrance just a few cars ahead of me and nobody else could get in. Parked at an office building about half a mile north of the event and walked down. I bet in summer I'd have to be up and on the road by 4:30am to get in.

#16 ·
Pros: Nice selection of exotics, some random good 80s imports, hanging out with Supra buddies.
Cons: The overwhelmingly pervasive new Mustang presence, WAY too much revving, unreasonably early call time, "pied piper" crowd swells.
It's free, so I guess I can't complain too much.
My personal "likes" of the day: the dark silver metallic BMW on gold mesh rims, the silver Soarer, and the 4 McLarens and 2 Pininfarinas.
Very sorry it was a bust for you Phil. The meet has changed a lot since the last time I attended. We will definitely have to stick to Wheels for Wellness or something similar.

#17 ·
I did enjoy seeing the exotic cars. Sadly, the annual Cooper Aerobics Center show got cancelled last year due to the club members griping about the cars taking over their club grounds for a whole Sunday. That was a great charity benefit show that brought out lots of exotic cars, was well-organized, in a very pleasant park-like setting, relaxed and never overcrowded. You didn't hear any engine revving till the show was over, though the vintage Rolls Royce owners always relished in showing off how smooth their engines were with the wine glass trick. There were small ponds with ducks and the Americans and Europeans were always displayed "across the pond" from one another. Kevin and I took our Supras one year but they'd never had enough Japanese cars to have a dedicated section across the other pond. That would be a good show to make into a Supra meet on the Dallas side of the metroplex if they ever do it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.