Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Meeting once again at Biff Buzbys friday night, and sat morning at Pickrell park 200 aero ave, Schertz tx. NE edge of San Antonio. This year, we will be taking back roads to San Antonio raceway after the Show n Shine, stopping off at Zuehl Airport along the way, for a photo shoot with the old DC-10.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad**s. I know I can count on the die hards. Let's start spreading the word. Please be patient with me as I am trying to prep for the meet while adjusting to a promotion at work. There is a flyer coming.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flyers have been going out for the last few days. Getting good response so far.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the official TXRDT 2016 flyer with information on what we will be doing at this meet:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LYH_hDLmXFbENGU2FCbFBlOFk/view?usp=sharing

Here is a map of the scenic route we will be taking for the cruise from Pickrell Park to the Raceway. We will be following the green line, and stopping to visit a nearby air strip for pictures (as seen at point C on the map):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5LYH_hDLmXFWVdpLTU5MzRWMlk/view?usp=sharing

All pictures used in the flyer are pictures taken at the TXRDT 2015 meet last year.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Can you put driving directions with the map. You guys left me behind at a light last year, lost sight of you and I had no idea where you were going.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From hwy 78 take 1518 to left on Lower Seguine Rd, right on Weir Rd, left on Bexar Bowling/Gin rd, left on Swift lane. Continue to the end of the runway. Aircraft have the right of way. This is an air park, which is a community of pilots, most of them ex military. Please be respectfull. Photo shoot...... back out and right on Gin rd, right on Zuel rd, right on I-10, take the turnaround at Santa Clara (next exit up), and you are at the dragstrip.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
. There should be absolutely NO traffic to speak of, once we leave 1518. We may even stop at one of the gas stations where we cross I-10 for 5 min. I am anticipating a much easier cuuise this year. We'll se if better planning yields better results.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far I have 12 verbal confirms here locally, but I have no idea what that translates into in the real world. There is also a post on Supraforum, and one on san antonio import forum.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have several several people down to go, problem is, word of mouth is just word of mouth. Dosnt count till they show up haha I've been handing out flyers to people all over town and have been really surprised when they respond with, oh yeah I have one already, apparently it's out there and plenty of people know about, I've got a few mr2 people and one says he going to try to bring a group with him, seems like the meet will be decent sized.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I even had a guy with ask if he can bring his Lotus Evora seeing as how it's rear wheel drive and Camry powered haha, of I said sure why not.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
just met up with some of the Mr2 crew. They are ready and psyched.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Just a few pics from today. It was cool to meet the owners of the bar. We may have to take a fee trips there when they open. But remember, we were the first car meet they had. With a name like Zuehl I was scared we may have to call the Ghost Busters though.

Being an airplane nut I loved the stop by Zuehl Airfield. Good choice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts