Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here going this year?

It's right at 4 weeks from this past thursday at this point.

I'll be there again as usual, although not sure which Supras I'll have with me this year. No competing this time, finally doing the spectator thing for the first time in like 4 years for an actual vacation... :) It's suprising how much work it really is to compete in all the events all day each day, but damn if it's not a lot of fun to get to put Supras through their paces on a real road course and track too!

The road course is a much smaller/shorter track than previous years so big power isn't necessary or even desireable to run decently on this track.

I'll be at the meet hotel, splitting the bill 3-ways to keep that cost down at least...

I know Killer Squirrel and the mrs, and Krenjen usually come and I think Cheap Power from 'bama will be there this year too and I was just hoping to see the MkII crowd make a solid showing like the MkIII owners organized and decided to do last year for a HUGE MkIII crowd that was really impressive to see!

It's also one of those events that even if your Supra can't necessarily make it, it's worth taking another vehicle or catching a ride with someone else or even flying to and/or renting a car for the long weekend to attend the meet!
Having a Supra is NOT a requirement to attend the meet and it's totally worth the trip if your'e a Supra enthusiast at all!

I'm considering asking to borrow a friend's buddy's 2-car trailer and his other buddy's big diesel pickup and haulin' the MkI and MkII to the meet this year to give Krenjen's MkI some company this time but we haven't looked into that yet at all and they live about 150 miles in the wrong direction from my house so fuel costs for that option may be a factor but we'll see...

Hopefully see y'all there!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it's one of those things that if you've never been there you should at least go once in your life, and usually anyone who has been there keeps coming back year after year.
Even if you can't bring your Supra it's still worth seeing at least once!
Of course it's even more fun if you bring your Supra and getting the chance to run your own Supra through some or all of the events is awesome but none of that's mandatory for you to still have a good time!
I've missed just two of these meets since they began back in 2000. I showed up to the very first one and I've been back damn near every year since.
I don't have a huge horsepower Supra and up until recently I either showed up in my daily driver Supra and either just did the spectator thing or ran it it a few of the events or rode with friends due to BHG's, Katrina flooding, and a few other things over the years but no matter what I was there and had a blast meeting up with old friends, new friends, forum friends that I hadn't met before in person, etc, etc...
It's just an all around good time for any Toyota enthusiast.

I hope to see at least a few MkII's there this year. How 'bout it y'all??? :)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
and if you're intimidated about running your car in front of all the quick mkiv's, just throw me the keys:naughty:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Come on guys, I'd love to see some Mk1 and Mk2's there! The wife and I will be there for sure, and we'll probably be wearing white shirts that say "Supra - A Family Affair", so if you see a red-haired chick or a goofy dude wearing that shirt stop and introduce yourself! Like myothersupra said, it's a hell of an event and totally worth attending even if you don't have a Supra. T, I'll see you there man.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
There's lots of badass cars here, but only two mkii's i've seen so far. Saturday drags are rained out, so tomorrow will be compressed schedule

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Broke an axle output shaft off in the trutrac and destroyed a left halfshaft first pass. Replaced the diff assembly with a 4.30 model (yuk).

2nd pass was weak with the 4.30, but we still pulled off a 11.4x pass letting out at the end

3rd pass broke another half shaft

4th pass i owned myself (and two pistons) with a miss-fire of nitrous on the launch. Now we're goin back to bama; looks like it'll be an all-nighter

had fun; vids later

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Sounds like a typical weekend racing! haha . If your going to buy beefy axles, LMK I think we can do a group buy

Broke an axle output shaft off in the trutrac and destroyed a left halfshaft first pass. Replaced the diff assembly with a 4.30 model (yuk).

2nd pass was weak with the 4.30, but we still pulled off a 11.4x pass letting out at the end

3rd pass broke another half shaft

4th pass i owned myself (and two pistons) with a miss-fire of nitrous on the launch. Now we're goin back to bama; looks like it'll be an all-nighter

had fun; vids later

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
I'm looking to swap in a Q45 diff, then new axles. Just found out my tuner is a dealer for Driveshaft Shop, so we might can get a sweet deal on some aftermarket axles.

I met Nero of Titan; really cool guy. Also met a mkii owner with a sweet 2jz-gte/r154 swap in an 86 silver P-type. Everyone we talked to were very nice, and Texas has the best southern hospitality. Can't wait till next year.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm looking to swap in a Q45 diff, then new axles. Just found out my tuner is a dealer for Driveshaft Shop, so we might can get a sweet deal on some aftermarket axles.

I met Nero of Titan; really cool guy. Also met a mkii owner with a sweet 2jz-gte/r154 swap in an 86 silver P-type. Everyone we talked to were very nice, and Texas has the best southern hospitality. Can't wait till next year.

Hey Donnie glad you had a great time sorry about the breaking parts. Yea yo are right TEXANS do have the best SH. Lived out there for a total of 7 years and would go back in a heartbeat was just out in San Antonio for three weeks just got back on the 19th

·
Registered
1,760 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey dude,
It was cool to meet y'all!
My 98TT wasn't at the meet this year because of rear end issues, the MkII's slave cylinder took a dump a few weeks ago and I still haven't had the time to deal with it damit, and makin' passes at the TX2K10 Supra Nationals in the bone stock IS300 with all 4 stock cats and an intermittent Bank 2 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit malfunction code, although interesting to beat on and suprisingly strong for what it is, was pretty much a joke compared to my 98TT and I was really hopin' to see your 6M beat up on some MkIV's this year so I definitely felt for y'all when things in the rear end broke on the first launch...
Sorry I couldn't really help in between qualifying and elimination rounds and test-n-tune passes but it seemed like y'all already had it totally under control each time I came by to check on things anyway.

Damn, roasted pistons always suck!

Keep us posted on the repair progress! I hope it goes smoothly...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts