Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah thats right i changed the AFM and it still wont start, heres the update 82 block, 85 head, 83 intake/electronics, it wasnt getting fuel to injectors, so i rewired the harness and tried again and nothing, so i thought it was the AFM, but wasnt sure which one was the 82 or the 83, so i put both on and it started w/ the 82! but its all 83 electronics?!?! but it had no throttle response and ran really bad, so i checked the 83 AFM and according to the Haynes manual its bad, so i get another 83 AFM and it still wont start (havent check it yet, multimeter is broken), ive checked the timing like 30 times, it is getting fuel, and everthing else should be good cause it ran, but w/ the worng AFM!! :mad: HELP! im going insane, its been over a year!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
billy: we'll see :p

all the electronics are 83, anyway to check to see what year ECU it is?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok i just checked the new AFM and it looks bad according to the haynes manual too! is it very rare that 2 AFMs would be bad, on both of the 82 AFMs the connections between E2 and Vc are both WAY below the 100 - 300 Ohms the manual suggests its like .2 Ohm and i know i have the ohmmeter set right

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was just informed that the car the new AFM came from ran just fine so that AFM should be good, what is a way to find what ECU is in the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts