Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have tried, bf goodrich, bridgestone eagers, dunlop, falken, and yoko 509s, and sumitomos but this time for the new 1 J i thought id get something a little different,
YOKOHAMA 352's : 265 x 50 x 14 rears 245 x 50 x 14 fronts
and DAMN do these things grip, i have almost no spin on takeoff doesnt break traction in any gear with around 180 Kw @ wheels
stopping is great, and cornering even with crustyold suspension is awesome compared to some the 225's that were on therei took it out in the wet today without high hopes but once again i was suprised with how these tyres handled, drift was minimal and easily conrolable and i had no problems with traction or taking off. these tyres come highly recomended for anyone running standard rims.
the downsides of them are that they wear quick due to soft compound and they are damn expensive. i was quoted $260 AUD per tyre and no less initially. but eventually i got them for $182.50 AUD per corner which was a great price.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hmm, assuming they will still be available when my a509's wear out this should be a good option.

How do they look in regards to fitment? 265s are damn wide to put on a 7" rim...

Do they come in 225 at all?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
265 is too wide for the stock 14X7 supra rims....

my 255/60R14 Mickey Thompson INdy Profile S/S buldge of already... the middle contact patch is wearing fast due to a big tires on smaller rim width....

245's is the widest rims you can put on the stock 14X7 rims without worrying to much about contact patch and wearing uneven.

Jay

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mmmmmm .... 265's would fit on my 8" rims :)

Errr ... except ... I've already got major camber problems since tightening up (and lowering) the suspension. Damn!

Thanks for the info!

- Justin
JZA-61 in production

·
Registered
94 Posts
These tyres are on the stock rims!!!

YES, i have seen them, YES i have been int he car and NO there is no chirping.

IF your after proof its only a digital camera click away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts