Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked into some F-bodies on Ebay tonight. Came across a real winner. Starting bid was $19,739 with a BIN of $19,800. :sheep2:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-PONTIAC-FIREBIRD-TRANS-AM_W0QQitemZ300353648062QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item45ee78f5be#ht_500wt_1182

Below is what it says. See link for pictures.

NOT AN EXPERT ABOUT CARS, HOWEVER I TRY TO DESCRIBE EVERYTHING AS ACCURATELY AS POSSIBLE..

MAYBE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO OWN A PONTIAC TRANS AM, BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR.

FOR SALE, 1987 PONTIAC FIREBIRD --TRANS AM--. 305 V8/5.0 L. ENGINE.

This TRANS AM is sold "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY GUARANTIES/WARRANTIES GIVEN--ASSUMED--PRESUMED OR IMPLIED. I am also selling it locally. I reserve the option to end the
auction anytime without notice.

Super fun [COLLECTOR]car to drive around the local areas of the town on the week-ends. 3.5 years ago, RED PAINT JOB COSTED $1,975[originally car was a KIT black color], includes owners manual/maintenance manual. Extremely close to 154,739 miles[driven less than 50 miles by current owner in the last 3.5 years], automatic transmission, power brakes, power steering, power windows, power door locks[when alarm is connected[CURRENTLY ALARM IS DISCONNECTED]], cruise control[NOT SURE IF IT IS WORKING--NEVER USED OR TESTED], AIR CONDITION NOT WORKING][MISSING AIR CONDITION PARTS]. Engine exhaust smokes a little when you start, however after a few minutes it stops smoking, DUAL FAKE EXHAUST. Interior is a D[on a scale of A to F], interior missing parts/torn some places somewhat stained everywhere, missing glove compartment pouch[ignore the one in the pictures], dashboard has a large crack, spoiler is old/deteriorating, front & back windshields have very few micro cracks & head lights stuck in the up position[difficult to find head light motors/parts], body has dents/ & missing parts [PANEL]by the front left wheel, tires are 75% worn[2 EXTRA SPARE TIRES---NOT SURE IF THEY'RE ANY GOOD], smell of engine fumes everywhere, AM/FM cassette stereo[sometimes eats tapes], low oil pressure gauge reading[COULD BE JUST A BAD GAUGE/OR CONNECTIONS][MECHANIC SAYS MOST LIKELY IT IS THE BEARINGS INSIDE THE ENGINE], normal rust spots underneath the car, possibly a project car if you want to make it perfect.

Any questions, contact 718XXXYYYY.

Under no circumstances will we do any shipping. Shipping & all other miscellaneous expenses, are the responsibility of buyer.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I like the use of 2 clubs, a chain around the steering wheel-to the shifter-to the pass door handle, then a lock.

I wonder if someone is trying to pull something over on an insurance company and getting something like this to list so they can get more for their car.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
That car was for sale a few months back for like $900 on ebay. Even that was too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts