Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I have a 90 Cavalier that I got some 2 years ago, its been mostly sitting as I fixed it up. Now the guy that I originally bought the car with had the ownership but he lost it. I got a new copy of the ownership and I want too sell the car.

Since the car is worth basically nothing, can I sign the ownership myself with the other persons signature? Or do I have too track them down somehow and get them too sign it? This seems pretty silly.

Any ideas? I could use some help since the car is up for sale as we speak :D

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Someone familar with Ontario licensing would be able to help you better but here in bc if the car isn't registered in your name then you can't legally sell the car. But a common practise when buying a car you intend to sell right away is to get the person your buying the car from to fill in their section on the transfer of ownership sheet and leave the rest, including price, blank for whoever you sell the car to to fill in. This way you save paying taxes on the car, effectively elimanting the transaction between yourself and the previous owner in the eyes of ICBC (our big insurance company).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts