Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i parked my car at the beach today and next thing i know A fellow comes up and goes "I like your car" At first i did not think he was talking to me but it turns out he was. my 84 is not in the best shape. we got to talking and he owns a 85. I started telling him about my 86 then he asked if i was a member here on the forum. he told me his user name(NKNVNUNL) seems like a really nice guy. His name is Doug.

Doug hope ya had a good time at the beach. twas a little windy today.

jeremy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jeremy I see you beat me to the punch. I had a nice time and yes the wind was high but it takes a lot to discourage me from the site of bikinis. It was great meeting a fellow SUPRAHOLIC, let me know when you'll be working on the cars maybe I can lend a hand. Doug

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doug how close are you to raleigh? I am heading up there on the 12th to pick up the 85 i mentioned. (I think i told you???) If you are up that way maybe we could get together then.

jeremy

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am in Kenly which is 10 north of hwy 70 on I 95 at exit 107 so yeah I am real close to Raleigh but I will be in New Bern attending a racquettball tournament that weekend so you might just stop by there. email me for contact info at [email protected] put Supra on the subject line

·
Registered
209 Posts
Good to see a few MkII folks near Raleigh. I am in Norfolk, VA now, but my sister lives in Raleigh and I will probably be there (as in living there) in a few years.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Just my .02 cents I live in Greensboro and if we have this many people so close together we ought to get together sometime. :idea:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok that sounds good to me but you can not make fun of the 84 i drive!!!!!!!! I am redoing the 86 and hopefully i will pick up the 85 tomd set me up with this weekend.

jeremy

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I don't make fun of any Supras, I just love to see them on the road!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey guys I am always game to pull out the grill. I have a big enough place to get about 20 cars in my yard so if we can get together on a date it aint nothing but a thang. By the way I am already having a cookout on the 19th. Let me know what you guys think. Doug

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Sound good to me and I'm free that day but I wouldn't want to interfere with whatever party you are already having. :wink:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
19th bad day for me i got to be in a wedding. how about sometime in august. that way we can plan this out. just let me know i am there.

jeremy

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
As long as it's not the weekend that the drifting is coming to Charlotte. I haven't seen it in person yet so I'm interested. :wink:

·
Registered
144 Posts
ok guys you are welcome to come by on the 19th, we will be playing cards, video games, ping pong, horseshoes and eating and listening to R&B type music. if you are comfy with the setup come on down. as far as august i have to check the calendar. looks like the 16th

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
16th would be ok wit me.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
I guess the 16th looks okay to me. Let's keep up the dialog.

·
Registered
144 Posts
cool beans guys maybe once we're all for sure we can post it to any takers in the area. i have the date set on my calendar. by the way i am not going to new bern after all, what time/day are you coming through to raleigh? Doug

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
doug, I am leaving on friday after work. (off @ 5:30) going up for the weekend to hang with some friends and pick up the 85 i have been talking about. so i will be around all weekend. you send me your number and i will give you a call and we will see whats up. the 16th is good for me.

jeremy

·
Registered
144 Posts
ok august 16th is set on my calendar. it will be great to see a crowd of mkIIz in one place. i thought about posting this in the MEETS/ SHOWS area to see what kind of interest there would be. Jeremy I am not going to New Bern saturday, let me know what time you are heading to raleigh. Doug

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
doug check the post above yours.

jeremy

·
Registered
144 Posts
Jeremy give me a call Sunday morning sometime 738-6344

1 - 20 of 22 Posts