Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all. Haven't been on for a while and I now have updates of my project. I fitted the motor in today. It looks like it will actually fit under the hood. Though I might to a small scope maybe 1". But not sure yet.

Take a look and let me know. I am also doing a new webpage with the updated info. When it is done I will pass it on.

For now you can go to a temperary site with pics.

http://www.geocities.com/grizzly473/Pics.html

Now seeing the motor and tranny in I can't wait to go out and whip some peoples A$#'s. That is after they laugh at me when I ask them to race. :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Wow, that is quite a project. How much will that car weigh when you are done?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not exactly sure. I thought I had seen somewhere that the car weighs around 2000 lbs but im not sure. And the swap will add around 100-200 lbs. Depends on what I do for rear end and roll cage. All I know is it was pretty fun to drive with a 78hp stock 4 banger so it should be amazing to drive it with more then double the hp.

I hope to get the motor to the machine shop soon. I am also currently looking at internals for it. Anyone know a good set of rods that are decintly price. Carillos are $319 a piece that is about $2000 just for rods. Looking for a little cheaper. Pistons Im looking at either JE, Ross, or Arias.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts