Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the slow process of putting a ct26 on my 6m. i had boughten a set of 286cc injectors and has installed them on my freshly rebuilt 5mge but ended up being to much fuel being dumped, so i decided to swap them back out with stock injectors.

to my understanding i have to install a rrfpr to control the amount of fuel being pushed. is this correct and is this all i am need of doing when it comes to the fuel delivery once i finally install the turbo?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what all do you need to know. every thing about the turbo set up itself or all around specs?

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
Well for one thing, which motor are you asking about? You mention a 6m with turbo and a 5m with 286 injectors.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
6m/5m makes no difference.

The 295's will require a lowered base pressure (standard fuel pressure regulator in addition to the RRFPR, or the BEGI combo unit) as well as some form of piggyback to tune the fuel off-boost.

Most people have huge driveability issues with that size injector on the stock engine management, and if that's something you wish to retain you'll likely want to stay with stock injectors or close to it (210cc's) and the RRFPR.

--billyM

·
Premium Member
5,565 Posts
6m/5m makes no difference.--billyM
of course, but for identification purposes was he asking his question about the freshly rebuilt or the slow process motor
My point was that he wrote of two different motors - one with a turbo and the other with bigger than stock injectors. We have to make some assumptions - the injectors were a failed experiment on one and so we don't know if he is combining those injectors and turbo on the other one.

Back in the day before I went 7mgte, I stayed with the stock injectors and a RRFPR and low boost on the 5/6m and had few problems.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i got you. sorry about that. the injectors and turbo are going on the 6m. i was going to just put the turbo on the 5m that i had rebuilt but after having problems with the excess fuel being delivered when i put the injectors on there and ended up replacing them, and put the 5m back together and took a test drive, i realized why i went with a 6m to begin with (no power in stock 5m) decided to do an engine swap.

so blah blah blah...... they would be going onto the 6m. should i try to go with the 295s and a rrfpr or is it better to stick with stock injectors?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright kool... so if i am running both stock and rrfpr everything should be fine?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
No, everything will not be fine. There will be two thousand little things that will go wrong, half of them will blow up your motor, the other half will just cost you shitloads of money and half the hair on your head.

Small picture, yes, rrfpr and stock injectors/fpr are groovy.

Big picture? ...you don't want to see the big picture, just get started and learn the hard way.

--billyM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts