Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cruising down the street goin the speed limit 35 when this pedestrians decide to run across the god damn street. The car in front of me (94 honda accord) stomps on its brakes i quickly do the same but wasnt enought to stop on time and i rear ended him while in the process of stopping goin lik 15 miles and hour the impact was enough to fuck up my bumper. we pull over to the side and there was nothing wrong with her car she look at the spot i hit reach at it and took something off, then she said HERE IS SOME OF YOUR PAINT YOU CAN HAVE IT BACK,.she handed me paint that pealed of the bumper

·
Registered
348 Posts
I use a 3 second following rule. Even though drivers change lanes in front of me, it's better than causing an accident. Lucky for you that the Honda suffered no damage.

I agree with you that there are pedestrians that are dumbasses, and I hope that you will learn from this experience before something catastrophic happens.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You just lost paint on your bumper skin, at 15 MPH your bumper is just fine, but the skin's another story. Not hard to replace though, just a bunch of bolts haha.

Got paint? And I like how the person you hit went from a him to a her haha.

That reminds me. I hit a lady jogging one time. She stopped at the stop sign beside me on my passenger side. I reved my Celica up (had the 84 ST then), hoping she'd hear it and look over and wait for me to go by. When I gave it gas she ran too. Turns in front of my car and I slam on brakes (I had just started moving!). She falls to the ground and I roll down the windows and ask if she's okay. She's rubbing her hip but says she's okay. I make a U-turn and check again. "You sure you're okay?" "Yes I'm okay." "Well I'm lost, can you help me find this street (I read the name off my directions)?" She says no she doesn't know it and I drive off...

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think Seattle was one of the most pedestrian friendly cities I've ever been in. Someone could step off the curb anywhere at anytime and traffic would stop. I'm thinking, Christ! You try that in Dallas and see what happens!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill post pictures of the car tomorrow it sucks because i just got it running right and it was staring to look nice, now it runs nice but looks like shit lol yea i learned from this 1. to fix my breaks that are worn out 2. leave a big space between u and the car in front of you. i had like a car length between us this time. but im gonna back of i like my supra to much to be seeing it like this:sadbanana:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
in mass pedestrians dont even look both ways they act as if a car isn't a 3000 pound object going at 30 or so mph

I think Seattle was one of the most pedestrian friendly cities I've ever been in. Someone could step off the curb anywhere at anytime and traffic would stop. I'm thinking, Christ! You try that in Dallas and see what happens!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
still at 15 mph is enough to piss you off, 2 years ago, i rear end a 80's chevy truck with my 91 celica, it was my fault i was looking some a$$es on the street, when i turn my face to the road, i saw that truck just have time to brake but it wasnt enought, it was around 20 or 25mph, front bumper, hood, headlights, markers, my front end was fucked up, reason enough to sell it (trans was slipping a little bit) and get my first supra :).

since that i stay away about a car away from the car in front, i dont want to risk again...oh n i stop looking some a$$es specially in summer.:eekfacepalm:

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
I don't know if it's related or not, but I notice that each of you who have these accidents occur type like idiots and TXTmsg'ers.

...just to be safe, I'd respect the rules of the English language, embrace grammar and spelling, and learn the greatness that is punctuation for a while. ...see if your luck improves.

--BillyM

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know what you are implying but i was not texting, and im not an idiot. Sorry my English isn't so great i wasn't born here i had to learn it.

I don't know if it's related or not, but I notice that each of you who have these accidents occur type like idiots and TXTmsg'ers.

...just to be safe, I'd respect the rules of the English language, embrace grammar and spelling, and learn the greatness that is punctuation for a while. ...see if your luck improves.

--BillyM

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here are some pictures of the car. the bumper was already kinda mess up before this happened so it only made it worst

before the incident

·
Registered
1,233 Posts

--BillyM
Billy, don't deny that you be texin and tweetin :zzzzz: It's the future man, someone needs to get in the loop haha.

PS, that is not a spelling error, you don't pronounce it as text-ing....proof...

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I was worried for a minute that you messed up a CS, it's just a mkiii, it's a donor car anyways, so no worries.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You should try painting the bumper with the right kind of paint to begin with - it wouldn't flake off like that.

·
Registered
243 Posts
There is a special flex paint for plastic surfaces - or any surface that will flex and bend. If that is not present, the paint will flake off in no time.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ohh i wasn't aware of that ill research it.
thanks

There is a special flex paint for plastic surfaces - or any surface that will flex and bend. If that is not present, the paint will flake off in no time.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts