Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Engine doesn't look like 37K to me. Even still $9,000 is high.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I would lve to buy it If I had us Dollars
and If it were SDRed how much is that in Canada$ 15.000 cnd? :cry:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Damn...nice car. Sweet interior. And....way too high of an asking price, even with that mileage.

And for a 38k mi car - what a dirty ass engine bay. Geez :confused:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
DAM!!!!!!!!!! :shock: for that much I could build the ultimate mk2 :twisted:

That is one Freaking dirty ass engine bay for that many miles
:drool: Leather

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You could drop a 2JZ-GTE in your MkII for that kind of green.

:roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
swap

well, it actually has much less mileage than my 2000 Nissan Maxima...perhaps i'll sell the nissan and use the supra as a daily driver ;-)

i figured that was too much actually, although i can understand why it could be so high, given the very low original mileage for a car that is almost 20 years old.

·
Super Moderator
8,393 Posts
I think that car has been for sale for awhile now. I believe it was the same one I saw almost 4 years ago now for like $13800 when it had like 35k miles. The seller is probably just hunting for buyers that will pay a high price for it. Assuming the car is in excellent shape I could see paying 10k if that is what you wanted in a car. If all you want to do is commute to work with the car its a waste. Considering what it costs to fix a car you'll save a lot of money just paying up front. I've easily spent twice what that guy is asking for that car, and I've still got a car that is only worth 3k tops when I'm done. I never bothered calling on this car a long time ago because its black and black=oven in CA. Seems to me that most low mileage MkIIs have blue interior. Blue interior must equal grandmas car or something :lol:

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
its nice, very nice, but very pricy too.

there are cars in town in similar condition with slightly higher milage (100000 km/62000miles) for about 5000-6000 canadian.
kinda makes it tough to justify paying 14000 canadian...

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
This car has been for sale for eternity! Mikey, I remember first seeing it on ebay when you were in London... how long ago was that? The ebay auction even used the same pix too.

Looks like a pretty average car that just happens to have low miles - no thanks!

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I don't know, you have to put it all in perspective. Yes I think his asking price is maybe a couple grand too high (I said asking), but think about it. If you had the chance to buy your exact car brand new today, would you go for it? And how much would you be willing to pay? I have pretty much the exact same car, and it sold for 20,000 cdn (I have the original reciept). 10,000us to get almost the same car today doesn't seem that bad when you think about it. Of course I wouldn't want to do it as I'd feel bad performing the mods I'm going to do as the car is so old and low milage, but that wouldn't be an issue if this was 1986.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes I remember this car being for sale right after I sold mine so lets see,
ah yes november,
I am one of the guys that would pay for a supra but the most I have spent buying a mk2 was 10'000 Cnd not much in US fund, but I would def consider buying a car like this.
1) I dont trust ebay
2) would have to see the car what it looks like now
3)too far away, plane ticket, prob duty fee then taxes.ect...
Now If I lived next to him, and it looked Ok why not not many left.
perfect for collector :wink: , or to sunday drive on those american roads.... 8) :usa

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Okay lets start by saying that the car is worth it...... if it realy is as good as it looks. Why?

1. No rust... I hate it and if I was to go through with an expensive and complex engine swap, suspension and brake mod I want a shell that has no holes. These cars rusted badly and being unibody it does not help things.

2. Its a 5spd. not auto.

3. It has the the right colour interior. Grey looks so much better than red.

4. Analog gauges... in Canada all leather cars had digital like mine.

Everything that a you would want in a good Supra. I wish it was in Ontario, but then I would have to wait another year to buy a new 4Runner.

If you convert the price now, US$10,000, into 1987 US$ it is less that what I paid for my '85 in '87. A bonus is you did not have to pay for years of storage cost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
heh...it turns out US $10,000 in 2002 is worth US $5800 in 1985...or to put it the other way around,...the original list of 1985 supra is about US $17000...in today's US dollars that's around $28,000...thus, this guy is selling the car for about 34% of the original price 20 years later.....high residual value!!! ;-)

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
its a toyota, they have great residual value... just ask anyone whos shopping for an MR2 turbo.... they know all about toyotas residual value, and also percieved value, which is the same, but different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts