Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

The original plan was to go 2jz, but whilst trying to source the bits i'd need to go with it, i've come across a Mk3 TTR manual with the1jz that I could use as a possible doner car for the whole project!

My thoughts are this would give me a lot of the bits i need and save alot of time?

Comments suggestions welcome on what other bits I still might need and whether this is a good idea?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Parts fitted for a Mk3 wouldn't really benefit you too much. As far as I know the only real usable parts would be those that are a universal fitment and things like the engine/trans. But anything else wouldn't really bolt into a Mk2 so you would likely end up spending more for the complete car than for a motor set.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
ill speak from real world experience.......

having a donar car is the tits. especially for the right price. if u can pick up the whole car i suggest u do so. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did some sums and worked out that the benefits of the Engine, gearbox, intercooler, piping, etc will almost make the car pay for itself. I guess i'm going to still need to get a sump, pickup to get this to fit?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Am I wrong in assuming that the majority of parts wont work for a Mk2? If the cost of the car is dirt cheap then its a great route, but if its more than a 1JZ front clip what would the benefit be? I mean the best use I got out of my Aristo was the 3 coffee cans worth of hardware.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Am I wrong in assuming that the majority of parts wont work for a Mk2? If the cost of the car is dirt cheap then its a great route, but if its more than a 1JZ front clip what would the benefit be? I mean the best use I got out of my Aristo was the 3 coffee cans worth of hardware.
My front clip came with a rear subframe with the Torsen LSD, RSR springs, Bilstein struts, Cusco strutbar, driveshaft, 4" exhaust....I sold soooo much off of that clip....I could only imagine how much more you could sell from a whole car. The only thing engine-wise he won't use is the oil pan, aside from that it's great having all of those extra pieces IMO.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any advise on what to look out for when I go and view it in terms of engine condition, etc. Was tempted to take a compression tester with me at the very least or am I worrying over nothing?

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
150,000km's,
That's not so bad. Definately do a compression check. Can you drive the car? If so check gear engagement. Once you pull the motor you can check the turbos for play. I would recommend changing the front and rear main seals, timing belt, valve cover gaskets, and the pcv valve at a minimum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts