Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be one of the cheaper eassier v8 swaps in the mk2? any help would be appriciated thanks

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
350 or 302, without the FI stuff, just carbs. There is what, 5 wires to hook up to get it running....:laugh:

·
Registered
274 Posts
no swap is cheap or easy, and certainly not both. the most used so far though has been the 1uz and you would get the most support using that option.
Should be easy to do provided you know somewhere that could fab a full exhaust, complete with headers. If you have the cash and know of a shop that can do that, a 1UZ really shouldn't be that hard.

- John

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey guys so say i wanted to buy a mr2 turbo and wanted to swap the regular 3sgte for this 1uzfe would it fit? and how would i make it hook up right any help on this i would really appreciate

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
start by finding someone with a lexus v8 then measure it then measure your engine bay. I'm not terribly familiar with the mr2 but i'm fairly sure the engine bay is far from big enough.

·
Registered
313 Posts
leave the mr2 engine alone. you don't want to mess with the balance on a car that light.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
hey guys so say i wanted to buy a mr2 turbo and wanted to swap the regular 3sgte for this 1uzfe would it fit? and how would i make it hook up right any help on this i would really appreciate
Yes, it will fit.

Try this awesome tool to find things that you want to know or find out: www.google.com

·
Registered
379 Posts
the v-6's seem to be what the mr2 guys use. they almost install themselves in mk2 mr2's.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
not to hi-jack but i thought only a 302 would fit.. would a 350 make it ?

·
Registered
379 Posts
anything will fit with a sawzall and a welder. there is a mk1 mr2 with a Cadillac northstar v-8.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
anything will fit with a sawzall and a welder. there is a mk1 mr2 with a Cadillac northstar v-8.
oh damn why the northstars where so horrible. haha but i got the picture

1 - 15 of 15 Posts