Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Eric's(Cowboy bebop) car. By far the nicest mkiv around. Sad to see him selling it though. He's put a lot of work into that car. Guaranteed, if i had 70k for any car. That would be it. Different pictures of that car have been my background for years.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
yes it is very pretty

·
Registered
472 Posts
that thing is gorgeous...

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
It made 380hp at 10psi, has only been driven 300 miles?

I'd save the $40k, and get one of the numerous singled supras running 500+ at the wheels on pump gas with thousands of trouble-free miles on the mods.

He's dreaming, and that interior is hideous.

--billyM

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
That's nice and all...not my cup of tea though. A little overdone. Did he just choose that motor to be different?

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
worth 20k imo

·
Registered
166 Posts
GARBAGE!!

yeah yeah twin turbo v8 but
a. the exhaust is single to a fart can
b.it sounds like shit
c.its only almost 400 horse
d.its idle at 2000 RPM
e.its an automatic

and to finish all of that off did they ever make a supra with anything other than a straight six....no stick to the heritage and stop wasting your money on useless builds...

beautiful body though

sorry
-Justin-

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Beautiful exterior and engine bay. Interior is okay to me, but I'm not a fan of any auto.

I won't pay 70k for a car so so I ain't worried about that haha. I drive my cars, not have them sitting in the driveway paying insurance and what not. I want my Supra to be meet/dyno worthy one day, but not to the point where I'd rather tow it to the meet or dyno.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Overall I have to say I like the car. The interior isn't totally for me, but it wasn't made for my taste either. The body is a little bit overboard with the Widebody look. Transition into the rear fenders is a little sharp for my liking. But the engine performance looks like he didn't even try. I'm sure a NA 4.7 could put up close to or better than the same numbers. If it is properly tuned and running a few more lbs of boost, then we'd be talking some good numbers. Unless he's underrating the power for some reason. I'm sure for the quality of craftsmanship that I can see, and the Unique factor, somebody is going to get a pretty cool car.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I don't understand why you guys are all ripping this car to shreds. The guy built it how he wanted it, of course everyone won't agree with every detail here and there. When the dude said no expense was spared in the creation of the car, it is very apparent that this statement is true. I mean look at that engine bay, it's absolutely gorgeous. The interior isn't my style color wise, but it is trick as hell. So widebody ain't your thing; the bodywork on the car appears to be seamless, as if it was born that way in the toyota plant.

If I had 55-60k just burning a hole in my pocket, I would not hesitate to offer it up to that guy. Just think; it looks like a supercar. You could have a "supercar" for somewhere around the same price, but all you would have was a clone of what every other old rich guy is ripping around in. This thing is one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
man, theres alot of hate on here...

GARBAGE!!

yeah yeah twin turbo v8 but
a. the exhaust is single to a fart can
b.it sounds like shit
c.its only almost 400 horse
d.its idle at 2000 RPM
e.its an automatic

and to finish all of that off did they ever make a supra with anything other than a straight six....no stick to the heritage and stop wasting your money on useless builds...

beautiful body though

sorry
-Justin-
a)dual exhaust supra? gay. fart can? thats not a fart can. far from it.
b) it sounds sick. its not going to sound like a supra.
c) see below
d) he said the car was in neutral, and its probably got a nasty stall in it.
e) have you seen a stick tundra? im not an expert but i dont think the manual stock supra trans is going to bolt up to that motor. i could be wrong though.

Overall I have to say I like the car. The interior isn't totally for me, but it wasn't made for my taste either. The body is a little bit overboard with the Widebody look. Transition into the rear fenders is a little sharp for my liking. But the engine performance looks like he didn't even try. I'm sure a NA 4.7 could put up close to or better than the same numbers. If it is properly tuned and running a few more lbs of boost, then we'd be talking some good numbers. Unless he's underrating the power for some reason. I'm sure for the quality of craftsmanship that I can see, and the Unique factor, somebody is going to get a pretty cool car.
ill admit, his numbers are pretty low. but im willing to bet that the motor isnt broken in yet, and wasnt/isnt being pushed to its potential. again, i really havent read his build thread (i believe he has one on sf) to know the full story.

·
Registered
166 Posts
now dont take my opinion and make it into something it isnt...

im absolutely positive he loves that car and i cannot fault him for that

who am i to try and change someones mind i understand that everyone is going to have different thought and those were mine

-Justin-

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
everyones entitled to their opinion, your right. i dont think garbage is the word to describe that car though. your comment just struck me as something a 'ricer' would say at a local car meet after he rolls up in a p.o.s car, talking crap about other nice cars in parking lot, pointing out things like, " its only 400hp" or "it has a high idle", as if his ride was better. w/e.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I watched the build thread on this car from when it was just a thought hate to see him sell it, Very very clean mkiv

·
Registered
166 Posts
i guess my major thing is i like seeing supras with straight sixes. a stock 2jz could easily push out those numbers with minor modifications and why not stick with what toyotas great engineers had in mind that car with a 2j would drive better and run better and i didnt care for the sound because nothing beats the sound of a true dual v8 that car is gorgeous the exterior is obviously nicely done and the interior truly shows attention to detail

-Justin-

PS.
there is such a thing as a 6 speed tundra not that that had a whole lot to do with your argument but if you are already going to put that amount of blood sweat and tears into an mk4 why not? thats all im saying

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The guy built it how he wanted it, of course everyone won't agree with every detail here and there...
I don't get why someone would build something how they want it, just to turn around and sell it? The low Dyno isn't going to make anyone interested over the net either. He can't go back and put a decent dyno on the ad?

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Awesome car, I'd drive it! I agree, that he should have tuned it and posted an impressive dyno sheet before trying to sell it. Otherwise it seems perfectly executed.

Also, the person who would consider buying something like this probably has other cars...other badass cars and a few would probably have a m/t.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.