Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new 82 L type but the low to mid range acceleration isn't stellar. It's good ... but not stellar.

If I give it about 1/4 throttle it grabs and goes, but any more than that and I get the same as 1/4 throttle. I'm wondering if this is just the "nature of the beast" and that maybe a softer spring in the disributor assembly might help perk up the midrange without affecting the top end.

I don't want to advance the overall timing too much because this car is first and formost a daily driver.

I might play with cam timing if I have to but I think this is the best way to go first.

So... Anybody tried this?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Excellent advice.

Make sure it's working before I try to play with it. Is there any special test I should do? Is there anything I am going to mangle If I try to take the Rotor/diaphram assembly appart? I am still looking for an 82 spacific Toyota Service and Repair Manual so I can check the location of a few detached vaccume lines.... There was still vaccume at the hose going to the diaphram.

Anyway, This Entire :3gears: Forum kicks ass!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.