Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some info from SoCalSupras.com in regard to the Vegas meet:

Chris Eng was right: Looks like it'll be the 2nd-5th (that's right - 4 days) of October.

The Show and Shine will now be held on Friday (the second day) with the drags and AutoX to come later.

From what I read there, we had the best "generational" get-together in Vegas last year (the dinner we had at Texas Station was remarked upon by several of the MkIII people; they're trying to set up something similar for this year). We need to think about setting ours up, too!!

-- Bob --

·
Super Moderator
10,544 Posts
I'm definatly coming this year! Hope to have my paint job done by then and maybe something new under the hood.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Bob Sully & everyone else that is thinking of coming to Vegas.

"Generation" activity @ Vegas 2003.

This activity is basically already set, we now just have to figure out what day & time it's going to take place.

Vegas local & the most recent owner of a Don Culbertson & Shawn Pease 7MGTE conversion Jim Coble, has offered his place for a BBQ gathering!!!! His place is just W/SW of the Luxor, so we should'nt have too far to go. We have not thought of any activities yet, other than possible racing on GT3 on his PS2. Possible prizes for the fastest lap???

Keith Hart has not told me when the Generation gatherings will take place. Possibly Friday???? Saturday night, it will be drag racing.

I'll keep everyone up to date on this subject, as Keith passes on the info to me.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I am hoping to be there as well actually! The turbo should be done by then, so while I may not be the prettiest mk II there, if everything goes right, I hope to be among the faster ones :wink:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Supra Bob said:
I am hoping to be there as well actually! The turbo should be done by then, so while I may not be the prettiest mk II there, if everything goes right, I hope to be among the faster ones :wink:
That will be quite the journey, Bob. I scoped it out for me and it will be about 2100 miles to Vegas from Saginaw, Michigan. Unlike last year's fiasco of getting assigned a new job October 1st, that won't be happening this year (I hope). My basic plan is the drive out to Dillon, Colorado and stay with the in-laws for a few days. Leave the kids and head out to Vegas from there with my wife. Hopefully Kris and the guys from Colorado will be going again and we can caravan on down there. If you are coming through on I70, maybe we can meet up. Anyway, good luck on your upcoming challenge with the rx7.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
well after missing the 2000, 2001 and 2002 ill start saving my pennies right now and see if i can get my @$$ over there this year :lol:
hummm..... now i have to pick in which supra i should go in :twisted:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Chad,

Should be about 2500 miles for me :) Thats gonna be the test for me actually. If this thing will drive to Vegas, take the beating that I am gonna give it there and make it back.. NOTHING's gonna hurt this car ;) And if it does...well... I will have the credit card ready and a truck and trailer reserved at U-Haul, just in case :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
car lookin like shit or not, my motor should be done by then, and thats all that matters right . now that i know dates, i can put in for leave... woohoo

now to take care of that unpaid speeding ticket from nevada so i dont have a fear of getting in trouble while im there
Maybe we can get together some of the mk2's in the area and have a mini mk2 Caravan.

The couple times I went it was flying solo, and that kinda sucks

Christian

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Maybe we can get together some of the mk2's in the area and have a mini mk2 Caravan.

The couple times I went it was flying solo, and that kinda sucks

Christian

sounds good to me :) lets just hope gas prices are down by then, i was only getting 200 miles to the TANK before rebuilding the motor, lets hope my gas miliage stays the same.. or maybe.. even get better gas miliage from cleaning all the crap otu that might have been burning my fuel faster than i was using it

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
only 200 miles to a tank?

I am getting just about 300 right now on the highway, depending on how I drive...

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd certainly be up for a caravan again this year. I went with a group of MkIIIs from SoCalSupras last year...definitely beat the hell out of driving up alone.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
count me in for the caravan 8)

<---- saving my pennies and crossing my fingers that nothing happens which will cause me not to go to Vagas 2003

·
Registered
749 Posts
If anyone is going thorugh Indiana, I'd be more than happy to accompany you to Vegas. I've been dreaming of this moment since I went to my first meet, but I haven't been to a Supra meet in quite some time, I just hope I'll remember to bring my bib, or a bucket, for all the drool.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
All,

Keith Hart has now made a official announcement on the SupraForums. Am forwarding it here.

Registration is now officially open, despite the fact that it has actually been online for the last 3 months.

-----------------------------

How do we make the largest All Supra event on the planet even bigger? Add a fourth day. New for 2003, we are adding a day dedicated to finding out just who really can drive – sure… straight line is fun and all but, what happens in real life?

Supras Invade Las Vegas – Lucky Number 7
October 2 – 5, 2003

Without an official announcement, over 60 people have already RSVPd for the 2003 Supras Invade Las Vegas event. This number is sure to go up as more and more Supra owners finalize their plans to join us in “The Entertainment Capital of the World” for the seventh annual Supras Invade Las Vegas event.

The schedule has been altered a bit from previous years to accommodate some new and exciting changes.

The dyno, on Thursday for the past two years, has been moved back to Sunday to make room for the 2.2 mile Road Course. The Show-and-Shine and Drag Racing have switched dates as LVMS has created a special day of drag racing on Saturday called the Super Car Spectacular. The morning session will be Mustangs, F-Bodys, and Grand Nationals. The evening session will be for the Vettes, Vipers, and Supras. The regular Friday night Test-and-Tune session will still be available for those that need a little practice before the main event.

All of this plus 200+ Supras and the hottest nightlife anywhere on the planet!

Registration is officially open. This is the only way to guarantee your space on the road course and to make sure a limited edition Supras Invade Las Vegas T-shirt, in the size of your choice, is waiting for you at the Show-and-Shine. Register early and save. Registration fees increase slightly after July 15.

With caravans in the works from all corners of the continent you can be sure that this year will again set the bar for the number of Supras gathered in one place… at one time. Why drive solo when you can hook up with a cross-country caravan?

Nero and the Titan Motorsports crew will be back to set some new records again this year. Can anyone stop the Titan Motorsports Supra? Can anyone top the 4-digit RWHP mark without nitrous? Who will have the hottest Supras at this year’s event?

For the most complete, up to date, event information be sure to bookmark the official Supras Invade Las Vegas website at: http://Vegas.Supras.Org

-------------------------------

Regarding the 2nd to last paragraph. Just got word from a thread on the SupraForums that Nero Deliwala, Mark Mazuroski & the crew from Titan Motorsports have made the switch on the Titan Supra from the Getrag 6-speed, to a 2-speed GM Powerglide. Will we see another matchup again w/ the Powerhouse Racing MKIV???? Stay tuned.

Looking forward to seeing the MKII crew in Vegas again this year.. Still accepting donations to get the Silver Slug trailered to Vegas... :D :lol: :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
anybody flying out to this thing solo? from the east coast i would like to come this year but do not know to many of you guys that are going.

jeremy

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Forget flying, is anybody talking about driving from the east coast. I'm in NC but if enough people were going I could get talked into it! :eek:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Boston Caravan in the works...

Check out the Supras Invade Las Vegas website. There is a Caravan in the works beginning in Boston and making about 8 or so stops along the way - including a meet-and-greet in Chicago. This is sure to be one crazy caravan... almost makes me wish I lived on that half of the country.

There is also rumors of a group coming out of Florida.

Perhaps you can plan a route to meet up with either of these two groups. Put a page together and I'll link to it from the Vegas website.

Driving in a group is a BLAST! I still remember one year the PacNW Supras picked up about 10 Bay Area Supras in Reno for the final drive into Vegas. Talk about fun!

KeithH

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone up for a SoCal caravan?

I'll also post something on the SoCalSupras forum.....!

-- Bob --

1 - 20 of 66 Posts