Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amazing find JPY 32,600 = US 362.00 (I think 4 days left...)

$362 isn't a bad deal at all, considering the Trust sells for $500. Of course, with yahoo japann you have to nearly double the cost, so close to $600 for this. But beings that these headers were discontinued a long time ago, and were only sold in japan anyway, I'd say it's worth the price for a die hard N/A fan or JDM parts vulture.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Threads like this make me wonder what kind of possible gems I have on my old beater. It has a set of headers that are probably 15+ years old now. Also set with bilstein shocks in the rear and who knows what sort of springs (sits 1" lower than my other supra). It was raced in SCCA back when parts were more readily available.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^Take pictures NOW.

And Eric, dooooooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttt

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Looks restrictive and ugly. The JDM status isn't enough to justify it. The RR header is cheaper, looks better and is dyno proven.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
^Take pictures NOW.

And Eric, dooooooooooooooo ittttttttttttttttt
If it was at least in the US I would think about it, but I do not want to deal with all the Japan crap and the inflated pricing. I just plan on doing the full Raptor racing setup down the road, probably going to be a year or two.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool beans. I didn't even think how neat it would look in an SR car. I was gonna have the Trust recoated to the original smurf blue color for originality but many people griped to me about it so I went w/ black, lol.

p.s. if I found out my header was choking 15hp out of my engine, I still wouldn't care, I love it that much <3

·
Registered
157 Posts
^Take pictures NOW.

Here's what I have. Keep in mind the body of this car has had a hard life! I copied the # off the struts but it's at home.

Compare / Contrast of the stock '85 strut assy compared to what was on my '82

I've been very tempted to put the rear springs from this '82 on my '85, possibly even the shocks but considering thier age I'd probably be better keeping the KYB gas-a-justs :dunno:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts