1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
turbosupra0101 said:
The way its painted dude lol If you think about it for a sec I know at lest in Japan the 86 came in 3 colors silver w/black, red w/black and of curse the famus Panda 86 white w/black
Ok...I just figured out what you mean. You think Tanya's Mk2 looks like an AE86. Uh....no -- Put the pipe down.

Put an AE86 along side a Mk2 sometime. The body lines are "similar" but...the cars are completely different otherwise. I think you need to get a good night's sleep.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
i always tihnk of the ae86 as the little brother of the mkII. they do look quite similar, especially if the 86 is outfitted with p-type wheels.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
I thought that was Havier's car? Hard to see the cage there and those would be different rims. This pic has been around for a bit, showed up in a couple magazines too

·
POTATO
17,259 Posts
MY Redpra is famous WTF! yeah, she's definitly an '82, I never knew what date she was built b/c I guess the idiots who painted her stripped the plate off the door and never put it back in. But the car was in serious gorgeous condition body wise, had very minor rust on the gas filler door, but the undercarriage looked horrible for sitting in the snow for 3 years!!
Sadly, the Redpra never ran, tried to, but had some kind of fuel problem that I couldn't fix in time. I had to move back here to Florida, and couldn't take all 3 Supras w/ me. The Redpra ended up going to the recycling bin, which I was highly pissed about. I deliberatly told the guy to make sure it would be set aside for parts, but I heard it was crushed. I'm glad I grabbed the interior and a few other small items before she went. MY Silpra, my 1st Supra, I didn't want the same fate for her, so I "gave" her away. Left the key in the ignition, wrote a note, left it in the passengers seat, took the battery, and drove down here. After a few days of being online Bob Shapton got ahold of someone in Vermont who drove down and took her away. I'm glad she went to a better place, to have some of her parts used :x

T

·
Registered
360 Posts
turbosupra0101 said:
I know at lest in Japan the 86 came in 3 colors silver w/black, red w/black and of curse the famus Panda 86 white w/black
You watch Initial D too much. :p
The 86 came in single colors too.

·
Registered
310 Posts
that drifting MK2 has a 2JZGTE motor in it. It is from Cerritos,CA (near LA).

·
Registered
540 Posts
I wish I could come upon a free car with the key in it...

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Tanya, what is the production number on your VIN? Mine is 0038289 and mine was built in JUNE 1982 and delivered to its first owner in SEPTEMBER 1982. Hope that helps you decide when yours was built.

·
Registered
97 Posts
no no no no.. this is not Tanya's car.. and it is not an 86. it is an 83, it was red/black but the paint was so old that i repainted it white and shaved the moldings.. (stupid thing to do now that i think about it). well anyway that was done about 5 years ago. i did have a 2jzgte motor in it and now its currently going to get a 1jzgte.. i had this car since i was in 8th grade.
long time hugh.. thats about....... 12 years. DAAAAAAAAAAm!!

anyway thanks for the post.

javier

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Oh!!!!! Welcome to the Forums Javier!!!!

Just curious, but do you have any "behind the scenes" stories that you can tell us about "TF&TF"????? That is your Whitepra in the movie, correct??

·
Registered
13,117 Posts
They didn't give him much air time because he wasn't double clutching like he shoulda' been, and in doing so, burned the piston rings.

:roll:

I have a fast and the furious complex... disregard all comments.

(btw, welcome. your car is something of a legend around here (and no, not the acura kind))

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Javier Welcome to the *Celica Supra* Forum!!!! Its me Alex I met you back at DD5 I believe?
I was caring a Video Camera and was hanging around you most of the morning I also called you for some parts that I wasn't able to buy from you.
And I know its not Tanya's MK2 but the one below the link to your pic is lol any way how is your car doing and are you gunna go to any more events? Anyway why go to a 1JZ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts