Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 155000 km 5M-GE in my new end 85 causes my some troubles :

1-spark plugs are over tightened. I managed to take out cylinder #1 plug
after having twisted the oem Toy spark plug tool :shock: I am scared to break the 5 others ones in their thread...

What do you recommend ? Shall I take them down with a warm engine ?

2-I have broken in the block the overtightend oil pressure...[can't find the word in english : small cylinder connected to a cable near the oil filter...]
I must drill in the block to take away the rest of it ... [nightmare inside] 'cause there is no room between block & engine compartment :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
591 Posts
for the plugs...yes take them out of a warm engnine. it is always best to put the plugs in and take them out on a warm/hot engine. i think your talking about the oil pressure sending unit...why is everything overtightened on that thing?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
DKJones96 said:
for the plugs...yes take them out of a warm engnine. it is always best to put the plugs in and take them out on a warm/hot engine. i think your talking about the oil pressure sending unit...why is everything overtightened on that thing?
That is a bad idea... warm engine and an aluminum head will be a result to a stripped spark plug hole... I have seen this happen a lot on a shop cause they try to make a fast in and out job and did not even consider the aluminum when heated (hot engine) gets soft.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Try some PB Blaster penetrant. You also might what to use a hand impact driver, the kind you bang on with a hammer. You might try finding a deep well socket that just fits over the ceramic, so that it contacts the metal part of the plug. Try a few quick blows, sometimes this will break it loose.

When you put plugs into an aluminum head, always put ant-sieze on the threads. The difference between the metals set up a galvanic corrosion cell.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sperk plugs : I put some penetrant oil, left it for one hour and plugs went fine.

Concerning the oil pressure sending unit I have not been able to take out the rest of it :( I should try to install a sending unit somewere else ?

Any idea where ?

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
is there any part of the sending unit sticking out?
sometimes you can grab them with locking pliers and using penetrating oil, ease them out very gently.
also... there is a product called the "skewdriver" its a drill attachment that drives the bit at a 80 degree angle, very very useful for a tight spot like that.
you will probably have to take off the exhaust manifold to get in there though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There were a 1/2 mm left out : I've tried everything includind Facom extractors. I broke it in the hole :mad: Then I tried to drill...no way...

Now, this 1/2 mm is no longer existing :cry:

I took out the exhaust manifold, of course...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts