Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone installed a game system in their mkii yet. Im going old skool with a sega genesis (aka supra genesis) and I was wondering if anyone stumbled on any problems or if im the first to do this. Hers a pic of the console which I repainted and took the sega font and made it say supra instead. Kinda cool hey, what do you guys think? Im kinda worried the alternator wont be able to handle all my electronics tho(cd/mp3/dvd player, etc.)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Show System?

Hey, I like the idea :idea: Was wonderin if your also planning a system to go with that :?: Adding any more amps?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Im using 2 1600 watt Legacy amps, 1 2channel and the other 4channel. Many people think these amps suck but i love the features especially the remote bass boost and I havent had any problems with my one that Ive had for a year now. Rest of legacys car audio products suck tho.
Im using 2 mtx6000's and 2 sony xplod subs to keep the color scheme interior black/red/chrome. Replacing stock speakers with my clarions and putting sony xplods hi and mid ranges in the doors
Im fiberglassing the whole trunk putting one sub in the spare tire compartment and the others behind the rear seats. Im going to try to incorperate the dragon logo in it but im not sure if it will come out the way I invision it. We will just see, most likely I expect changes in my design.

·
Registered
439 Posts
very classy, but I never liked the genesis that much. If it were me I'd go with an old Nintendo NES....

But if you ask me there's a time and a place for everything, and DVDs, games, and cars don't mix

·
Registered
551 Posts
haha that is a sweet idea. i jsut picked up a nes/snes/genesis with games controlelrs and everything

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Nick O said:
If it were me I'd go with an old Nintendo NES....
I've been thinking about this myself. But the LCD sreens cost too much and I have better projects to work on right now. Maybe someday.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When all you guys come to a Buffalo meet :D
I dont know personally since Im getting mine repainted in the spring, then it might take me another month or 2 to finish all the other lil tidbits I have to complete.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah i spoken to them a couple of times about setting up a buffalo meet and Im trying to get a few other Supra owners to come but for right now Im focusing on making sure I have everything for my car before spring arrives. Anyways, theres alot of time before there will be any meets.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yeah, any real meets are months away. I'm down for anything though.
Sadly my car is turning into a real cosmetic hoopty, especially after the november "ditch" incident :eek: ! I think I'll just focus on making it faster until I find another body.

·
Super Moderator
7,300 Posts
Joseph,

sorry man...i never really asked about that ditch incident...that did happen here right? Are you still going ahead with trying to find a decent shell for your 7mgte transplant?

Hopefully you get to fully appreciate and use your car next year, i know you were a little upset at not having it the full season. If it means anything to ya...that car is a scary violent rocket man...can't wait to see it in action again next year.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Yeah the whole ditch thing happened after the november meet. The important thing is I didn't get hurt at all and really the car isn't that bad but I had enough on my plate as it was. I was kind of embarassed about the whole thing so maybe I kept it on the DL :) .

that car is a scary violent rocket
Just wait until next year when it's actually making power! I ordered 550s so I need a Lexus AFM, E-01 boost controller (and maybe E-manage), fuel pump, etc, etc. We'll see I've got my eye on a pair on these:

B & W DM604s, oh yeah they're sexy! I also need to get a new receiver so the car stuff may have to wait.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sorry to hear Joseph about the car.

Will it take alot to get back on the road, or do you need to buy another car.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The_Merovingian said:
Sorry to hear Joseph about the car.

Will it take alot to get back on the road, or do you need to buy another car.
Well, it's totally drivable as is but just looks worse than before. If I fix it I'll need a new front bumper cover and maybe the header panel. The whole front end got pushed to the right maybe a quarter inch, so both front fenders are a little off and the LF wheel rubs a tiny bit now. I'm not really going to worry too much about it. I want to improve other parts of the car (parts which I'll be able to change over to my next MK2) so the cosmetics aren't going to be a real focal point for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts