Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this feature. This board has so many folders, it takes me hours to catch up on all the new posts every day. Luckily, we have this wonderful feature, which displays all the new posts since the last time you opened a new browser and pointed it to the CS forum. It does this I assume by recording the date and time either in a cookie or on a record on the board's server, then next time you visit it shows all posts newer then that date and time. I'm addicted to this feature, it saves so much time that its the only way I want to check new posts everyday. Now heres my problem. It still takes a fair bit of time to go through the page of new posts everyday, and time is something I usually don't have much of. So what often happens is I start to browse the page of new posts and then have to go before I'm done, or I'll get a notification of a private message when I don't have time to read the new posts, or I need to reference a specific post to get some vital info, and also don't have time to check all of the new posts. All of these scenarios result in me manually having to go through each folder, looking at each thread that I think may have a post I missed. This takes time. What I suggest, is a button or link on the main page that makes it so that little date and time that gets saved, stays the same as it was before you just visited the board. You would click this button just before you shut down the browser after one of these special case visits, that way the next time you visit, the View Posts Since Last Visit feature would ignore your last visit and you wouldn't have to worry about missing any posts in this list. You would then be free to visit the board whenever you want without having to read every post at that point in time. I know people don't have a lot of time to be adding new features like this to the boards code, but if the time ever does arrive I think this would be a really handy one. Thats my suggestion :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Me too! I love this feature but I know what Fiend is talking about. Sometimes if I get the e-mail that I have a PM I won't go get it because I don't what to log in so it won't reset my last visit time.

·
Registered
516 Posts
What happens to me is whenever I look at somones post that requires me to click on a link (check this post on ebay) to close it. my mouse will double-click accidently and I end up closeing the two pages.
So I have to log back on again and I missed all, Says no new post :cry:
Sorry I hope we are not being :crying: whinners-whiners well you know :oops:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'll look into it. I know what you guys mean....

1) You're not on the forum but get a PM (email notification is on).
2) You want to read the PM, so you go to the forum and login.
3) After reading it, you also notice there are new posts on the forum.
4) If you don't read them, when you log off...the "new" icons next to them vanish because the forum assumes you saw everything.

I find that annoying too. I will attempt to find a fix for it. Not sure if it's possible, but I'll try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts