Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE-Post...sorry !!

GMAFB........in my opinion VW cars SUCK bigtime !!! I have had 4 of them personally,,,,,all with large issues. Friends and Family have had several, all with issues, the one i have currently has not given me much grief other than all new tranny seals / water pump...probably from setting too long 40,000 miles.

I want performance..........buy a golf!!

http://www.autoloandaily.com/loan-news/auto-loan-daily/breaking-news/1858-volkswagen-passes-toyota-as-worlds-largest-automaker

A pair of 83's......:zzzzz::zzzzz: which one will bring more $$$$$ in today's market.:ugh::ugh:

gawd these wheels are ugly,,,,i like the car however:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Because none of us buy new Toyotas.. lol. We just keep fixing the old ones.

·
Registered
657 Posts
they may have produced more, but are they really gonna sell them all, i doubt it. toyota will actually sell its 4million, VW is probly overproducing just like GM does

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
yeah I heard about this.

about 223,128 people a year make the biggest mistake of their lives.

you buy VW. There is only one good way to explain this.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
over-sophisticated. I cant be bothered to work on them anymore. My friends ask me for help with them and I just straight up tell them no. They are made with all kinds of little special VW tools, like the axles on the passat are held on by 12 point torques instead of 6, stupid shit like that to waste your time. Or the famous pinch bolts on upper control arms on Vws. I don't have time to shitty engineering like that. Not DIY friendly, dealer friendly.

plus all their other problems. Electrical and mechanically related

IE coil packs.

sorry I cant sympathize, I've seen it, been there not interested. You need a deep wallet or much patience to own those cars.

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
I had a 24v VR6 that was a blast, and never failed in 65k miles. Not that 65k is a lot, but I beat it to death and it was fine

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
my father has a 96 vw jetta GL with almost 180K, the timing belt broke off at 175K, and that happened because the tensioner fail, otherwise the car runs pretty good, cheap on gas.

im agree about those vw speciality tools, 12 point torques instead of 6, that sucks!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Had a 2002 Gti wit an R32 kit and i must say it was great and we beat on it alot, never had any problems.. but not the cheapest car to maintain, whew those 18 inch tires...were expensive..
I love VW , hot cars but a bit too over priced, but then again so is Toyota
I would compare a GTi quality interior and out with say a lexus IS
but the metal on Vw is much more stiff

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
VW makes beautiful cars. People like that. A lot.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well Crap.......
Listed my Westy on CL today @ $16500, have a asking price cash buyer without telling the wife I listed it........:duh::duh: she wont think its enough $$$ for the thing, its a reasonable price to me. oh geeez, wife walking in door...later

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1463516793.html

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Well Crap.......
Listed my Westy on CL today @ $16500, have a asking price cash buyer without telling the wife I listed it........:duh::duh: she wont think its enough $$$ for the thing, its a reasonable price to me. oh geeez, wife walking in door...later

http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1463516793.html
Those Westy's are really cool - really, really cool -- until you see the YouTube crash video :eek::eek::eek:

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The Microbus pop-ups are getting additional attention because of the strange case out of Spokane/San Pedro. Bus stolen in 1974 recovered.
Still under 100K miles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts