Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front struts are not so good. The left one is bad, the right is getting there. Any way so I got to thinking. If I’m gonna have to replace the front struts, why not make it an upgrade to adjustable koni ones. And while I’m at it maybe I should do the same to the rear. Hell! If my suspension is all apart it would be a nice time to put in some better springs too.

So here comes the question, what to do for springs. Should I get the Eibach Pro Kit? I don’t know if I want to screw with the camber though. I heard you can get camber kits for the front, but not for the rear. So how much does a camber kit for the front run anyway?

As it is new struts and maybe springs is gonna brake the bank ($600 + install)! Is there any way I could get stiffer springs that don’t change ride height? Or would it be the end of my tires if I did lower it and did’t get a camber kit front or rear?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Good question! I'm also in a similar delima and would like to know...

will

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
You probably don't need camber plates for the front, unless you are racing. As far as Springs, just about every car I can think of that has lowering springs has an exaggerated camber problem in the rear. With Stock Springs, most have some negative camber, it just gets worse as you lower the car. There is someone working on an adjustable rear camber setup. If he can get it to work and sell it for a reasonable price, then the whole issue will be a moot point.

Eibachs will improve the performance of the car, stock replacement springs will not (although if your current springs are really bad, then you will notice some improvement with stock replacements.)

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Eibachs don't drop the car a whole lot. I think it was 1" up front and 1.5" in back? It's barely noticeable on my car but you can tell the difference in handling.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I still have the camber problem in the rears even after new shocks and springs. The fronts don't seem to have any problems though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts