Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a manual transmission cross member. Willing to pay shipping from anywhere in U.S. or Canada.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
I'm not exactly a motivated seller, but if you don't hear from anyone else in the next few days, hit me with a PM. I rarely try to sell stuff anymore.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Need a manual transmission cross member. Willing to pay shipping from anywhere in U.S. or Canada.

Thanks, Bob
Already PM'd OP about this.... just going thru Storage Trailer... to make sure I have an extra Manual one...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dave,

Sorry I did not answer sooner, I've had a busy few days. Please let me know if you have the cross member and if so, what the price is including shipping to 08831. Slowest, least expensive is OK as I will be out of town for the next nine or ten days anyway.
Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I ALWAYS try & get the cheapest shippping... but even THAT is ridiculously expensive... Have to go through & make sure I'm not giving U the Auto Crossmember by accident....as I didn't tag the parts as to which one is which...

Anyways, I'm working on things...

Cheers,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two PM's have not been responded to. Can anyone else help me with a 5-speed '84 transmission cross member?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
I will take a look in my parts barn.

·
Premium Member
7,483 Posts
Mount or the bracket??

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mount or the bracket??
Not sure what you mean by "mount or bracket". I need the cross member that has one of the hangers for the cat. To get the old exhaust off I had to use an angle grinder for the bolts, and to get the grinder in to the bolt between the cat and the pipe back to the muffler I had to grind off the hanger. Also, the angle grinder slipped a few times and cut into the cross member. So what I need is the cross member that supports the aft end of the transmission and has one of the hangers for the exhaust.

Thanks for any help.

Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Two PM's have not been responded to. Can anyone else help me with a 5-speed '84 transmission cross member?

Thanks in advance for any help.
I DID respond to at least one PM.... still have it in my Sent msgs folder... However, Especially with the Heat & Humidity happening the last week or so... I've only got certain "Windows" that I can take being inside the Trailer in 80 degree heat (it's literally like a Sauna PLUS mosquitoes...

PLUS I have about 10 different other projects on the go... Which also can be directly & indirectly affected by Weather... so yes... if someone has 1 they can put their hands on right this very minute... go for it...

Cheers,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Dave, thanks for the response. Yeah, I have a lot of pots boiling over on the stove as well, so I understand. Anyway, George at RR tells me that a hanger at the cross member is not needed anyway, so I'm now not concerned about the fact that I cut off the hanger while removing my old exhaust. And the two cuts I made in the cross member when the angle grinder slipped are really not that bad and I doubt that there is really any strength lost. Maybe if I get motivated one day when the dust settles around the other projects I will remove it and get the welder out and just repair it as was suggested by previous post. But if you happen to be in your storage box anyway and find the cross member, let me know and if shipping is not to dear I will take it off you. The one in the eBay listing seems to me to be too pricey for what is offered, but I guess if it is the only one left in existence and you really need it then you have to pay the price.

Thanks again for letting me know that you have not forgotten about it.

Bob

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
The one in the eBay listing seems to me to be too pricey for what is offered, but I guess if it is the only one left in existence and you really need it then you have to pay the price.

Thanks again for letting me know that you have not forgotten about it.

Bob
I think $30 for a pretty much ANY 35 y/0 part that is in Good condition is a STEAL.... it didn't just get that way by accident... Someone had to spend time (& possibly indirectly $$ in terms of possible Storage costs ) in order for it to still be in exisitence.

Between carefully taking the part off (in this case not so difficult but for other parts it can be), Storing/packing it in a way it doesn't get damaged scratched or rusted... then time spent digging it out/taking pics & getting shipping quotes...If someone spends 3 hrs (can often be a minimum likely more) ...& the net result is they only get $30 for all of their work... they would make better $$ getting a P/T job at McDonalds at minimum wage.... as they would make more money ... for their time involved....IMHO....

While there is no dishonor in working at a Minimum wage job (all of us had to start somewhere.... ) I think most of us would baulk at making $10 or less per hour for their time....

Just thought I'd point that out....

Cheers,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the comment. You make a good point. Also the price is really not out of line with what a salvage yard would charge. It's heavy, so shipping is not out of line either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts