Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 83 MKII L type which has about 170,000 miles on it. I went to look at a 82 MKII with 130,000 miles on it and it was originally a Alabama car. While the car is in ausome condition the guy wants $2,300.00 for it. It is well worth it but I do not have the cash. When i was about to leave the guy says hey wait a minute let me take you to a garage and show you what else I have. We get there and he has 2 MKIII's one 88 white 7MGE with a bad headgasket, and 1 89 red with a 7MGTE. The 89 runs but is wrecked and the other is in nice shape except for the headgasket problem (it is tore down to the block) he says give me $500.00 for both of them I am sick of looking at them. I would love to buy them and do the engine swap to my 83 MKII. WHat do you guys (and girls) think? Wat kind of problems can I run into with doing this. By the way I live in North East Pennsylvannia. :roll:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think if you don't buy them, you should give me the guys contact info :D

BUT... if ya do, I think you found a great donor car for a 7M-GTE swap into your Mk II. What part of PA you from? I'm from just N.E. Of Philly by about 25 miles or so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd get it even if it meant borrowing a bit of cash
You could easily make the money back selling off the parts you dont want\need

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do consider myself lucky but unlucky at the same time. I am going thru a job change at the end of next week and am also having hernea surgery May 30th. I have 2kids and a stay at home wife so money is tight. I am busting my rear to try and come up with the money so it doesn't pass. I will dye if it does so!!!!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I'm in Northeast PA as well. If the deal on the 2 MkIII's doesn't pan out, please let me know. I'd love to talk the wife into letting me get the 82 MkII, but I don't think she'd go for it. You should have seen the look I got when I bought my 85 Celica GT....
Well, maybe if I sold the Celica, she'd let me go for it...hmm. Decision time...

Joe B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts