599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they gave me a bunch of choices:
lg xenon, lg view, samsung propell, nokia surge, matrix

I am leaning towards the LG Xenon.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I can answer your question for you Rick, but I need to know what you use your phone mostly for? Just phone calls, do you use the Internet alot on your phone, texting, pictures, email, durability(this is a biggie for me as I seriously abuse my phones) etc? They all have different strong suits and based on what you use it most for, we can help you make a decision.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Edit: darn customers interupting a forum post....geeeeez !!

ok, Texting is becoming a good way to go for me, small key's just do not work anymore, Email reply, music/wireless calls when training (bike riding), I am not to hard on phones so durability is not an issue, emergency camera use.

This is all pointing me towards the Xenon with my given choices

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Ack, At&T, ack!! :sadbanana:

I played with the new Blackberry Storm2 at the Verizon store recently and was impressed at how much easier it was to type out a message than on the 1st BB Storm. If I hadn't just signed a 2-yr extension with Verizon, I'd prolly be back in there getting a Storm2!!

I got an LG enV Touch in August and love it! The only complaint is that I can't view e-mail message attachments and it's slow to load up the pics I have stored on the micro SD card. The 3.2 MP camera is great too!

Just my $.02.

Hope you're happy with whatever phone you choose! :)

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have an iPhone with the Apple Care extended plan. Takes the standard 1 year warranty and makes it 2 years, and extends phone support from 90 days, to 2 years. It's good insurance for repair/replacement, and includes the battery ... the glass screen is like $125 or so to have replaced by AT&T. I don't think it's covered against breakage, and I know too many people who have dropped their iPhone and shattered it.

I'm mixed on the iPhone ... there are times I like it, times I hate it. I'm not a fan of Apple products, they're quirky and not always the smoothest, even when firmware is fully updated. :duh: I was a happy Verizon customer ... I should have waited and stayed put. Where I live, AT&T's coverage blows.

A nice HTC phone running Windows OS is what I should have waited for. If you're an Apple fan, please don't let what I've said offend you ... it's just an opinion.

George T (Karaki) has an HTC phone and I'm pretty sure he's still happy with it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have an iPhone with the Apple Care extended plan. Takes the standard 1 year warranty and makes it 2 years, and extends phone support from 90 days, to 2 years. It's good insurance for repair/replacement, and includes the battery ... the glass screen is like $125 or so to have replaced by AT&T. I don't think it's covered against breakage, and I know too many people who have dropped their iPhone and shattered it.

I'm mixed on the iPhone ... there are times I like it, times I hate it. I'm not a fan of Apple products, they're quirky and not always the smoothest, even when firmware is fully updated. :duh: I was a happy Verizon customer ... I should have waited and stayed put. Where I live, AT&T's coverage blows.

A nice HTC phone running Windows OS is what I should have waited for. If you're an Apple fan, please don't let what I've said offend you ... it's just an opinion.

George T (Karaki) has an HTC phone and I'm pretty sure he's still happy with it.
I love my HTCs.

My Mogul I had to hack to use but when hacked it was awesome.

My Touch Pro I love. Windows phones are probably a little more business geared but the customization and organization are awesome.

Iphone has quite a few more games and entertainment apps. My phone has the tilt and movement sensor built in but only a couple games actually utilize it.

I knew nothing of HTC before I bought one. Now Im attached to them.

I will say the new Iphones are quite a bit better then the previous model. When they were the huge new hype they were actually very limited in a few areas.

Just my opinion in response to his:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts