Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so let me start off by saying I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints(aka Mormon). I am serving a mission for my church, which essentially means I am devoting my life to the church for 2 years. Well, the area I am assigned to serve in is the Tacoma Washington area, which spans from Tacoma to the coast. Unfortunately, that means that I will have to abandon the Supra for 2 years as well. I am leaving the car with my 17y/o brother who should take good care of it. So, chances are if you see me online in the next 2 years it will either be my brother or one of my parents trying to get answers. Please be kind to them as they are unfamiliar with forums and such. I will teach them to use the serch function, so hopefully they won't need to post. As of 2 weeks from today I will be gone, so if you happen to see a pair of dudes on bikes with suits on, please don't throw crap at them, cuz it might be me, lol. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me, I got one, lolz.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Wow, since you are coming to Tacoma, you are going to miss the Supra more since there are many of them in this area.

But I hope all goes well for you.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Chris! One good thing about this is when I return, I can finally get started on making my supra awesome.

·
Registered
1985 Celica Supra P-Type, white.
334 Posts
I live in Utah so I know the drill. Best of luck man. Should be interesting. lol
Don't expect to come back to a supra that hasn't been a little beat. That's the way it goes with younger brothers.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Park your car. Take it with you and park it. Tell your brother to search for him one. These cars are special only to those of us who have them by choice. Giving someone one is not the same respect for it you have. Believe this Ive been there. Its just an old car to anyone else.

·
Registered
599 Posts
for gosh sakes billyM ---> a GoreTex suit ---that is some funny _ _ _ t right there :zzzzz: LMAO

2 years ??? that is dedication !
Giving your supra to your little brother ??? that is, well ummm you know !!

Good luck with your mission, don't even think of looking at all the Minty vintage rust free cars/trucks in that area....there are lots !! Craigslist.com is off limits for 2 years

Plenty of members up there to throw crap at you.

Do they make those suits in GoreTex?

--billyM

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Park your car. Take it with you and park it. Tell your brother to search for him one. These cars are special only to those of us who have them by choice. Giving someone one is not the same respect for it you have. Believe this Ive been there. Its just an old car to anyone else.
Trust me, I'd take it if I could, but the mission provides a car(some crappy FWD sedan no doubt) and my brother isn't like most 17 yo kids. I'm gonna give him the run down of how to take care of it and how to drive it properly in bad weather. I hope it rains next week so I can teach him to control it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
for gosh sakes billyM ---> a GoreTex suit ---that is some funny _ _ _ t right there :zzzzz: LMAO

2 years ??? that is dedication !
Giving your supra to your little brother ??? that is, well ummm you know !!

Good luck with your mission, don't even think of looking at all the Minty vintage rust free cars/trucks in that area....there are lots !! Craigslist.com is off limits for 2 years
Yeah, I'm definately going to have to tame my automotive lust a little(not too much, though :thumbsup:). I'm actually glad that this is the area I got assigned, cuz I've actually conteplated moving there sometime in the future.

·
Registered
482 Posts
good luck on your 2 year mission ...

But with the 2 years being with your brother that 17 ... I dont think thats the best idea .. Many things can happen when you drive a car and he being at that age ... I would garage it so it would be nice and safe ..

best of luck with what every you do ...

·
POTATO
17,325 Posts
Don't go to Lakewood at all, the Chimp WILL throw crap at ya... it's just his nature ;)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
THanks for the kind words, guys! I'll def. be on the lookout for Chimpy with a utility belt full of bananas to throw back at him!

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, I didn't know you were a member! Sounds like a cool place. Hoping to get started on a 7m swap after I get home, as well.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Good luck with your mission! Also, hope your car stays safe. Driving in rain with an underpowered 83 auto isn't bad. You can't spin the tires, unless you powerbrake it from a dead stop, and suddenly release the brake. BTDT :) Well, maybe you could make it slide around with really worn tires, but my 3/4 tread BFG's would hold on pretty well. Mine was a feb. 83 build date, so maybe I had the 3.73 gears in it. It got 29 mpg highway and didn't have much for low end power, so maybe.

By the way, I like your sig pic! That is a great angle to capture the lines/features of the car. Really makes me want to convert to 83 taillights on my 86. :)

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, Dan! Actually, in the rain, I can kick the back end out REALLY easy. I've had a few oh [email protected]!t! moments before. I'm really proud the way that sig pic came out. It's the only good pic I've ever taken, lol.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would if I could!!!!! Dave can back me up on this, THEY DON'T LET YOU TAKE YOUR OWN CAR! The church flys you out to your mission from the training center in Utah, so there's no way I could take it. However there might be a possibility to make it to one meet at least.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts