Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody PLEASE give me a link to a thread that will give me instructions as to how to shim my wastegate, what size washers, how many washers, procedure, etc.........Pics would be first prize. I have searched & searched, with no results.
Thank you, in advance.......

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
a boost controller would be alot better. u should have a boost gauge on the car now right? try one washer first, see what ur boost pressure goes to. try 2 washers ...... 3.....5....100......

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a boost controller would be alot better. u should have a boost gauge on the car now right? try one washer first, see what ur boost pressure goes to. try 2 washers ...... 3.....5....100......
My boost gauge is not fitted yet:rolleyes:, but thats another story.The tuner will use his own though. I do have a manual boost controller that was meant to go into my Honda, but could it work with an internal wastegate? The other problem I have is that I am paying for dyno time & there is no time to experiment with the number of washers, especially because the car has a management system with no MAF & every time we change the boost, we will have to retune, as it has been explained to me......Can I just go with washers totaling a 5mm spacer. I need to know quick as my car is at the tuning shop ready to go on the dyno as we speak. The tuner is awaiting my instructions.

·
Registered
255 Posts
if u have a manual boost controller. the ct runs out of steam in the top end so if u wanna hold boost u can use the shim and mbc at the same time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts