Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever it rains my drivers side floor board gets wet. I think it is leaking from the mirror. Has anyone had this problem before?

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
Not me,yet!
The leak may be coming from the cowl that feeds the heater. Try: Drop some toilet tablets into that area under the screen to see if the water is RED.Plumbing section of your big box store.
Paper towels will help.
Maybe a windshield leak.

Leaks from the outside mirror? Haven't heard of that one.
Rob (100 % British)had a similar issue,but I forgot what he stated was the cause.He has a digital dashboard.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Not me,yet!
The leak may be coming from the cowl that feeds the heater. Try: Drop some toilet tablets into that area under the screen to see if the water is RED.Plumbing section of your big box store.
Paper towels will help.
Maybe a windshield leak.

Rob (100 % British)had a similar issue,but I forgot what he stated was the cause.He has a digital dashboard.
if the mirror leaks you should have water in the door I would guess? normally that sounds like a hole in the floor or its rusty behind the windshield, is your windshield cracked?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not me,yet!
Paper towels will help.
Maybe a windshield leak.

Hmm I will have to check that. I tried to take the cowl off but couldnt. I will have to try again.

if the mirror leaks you should have water in the door I would guess? normally that sounds like a hole in the floor or its rusty behind the windshield, is your windshield cracked?
Yes I have a crack in the windshield

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hmm I will have to check that. I tried to take the cowl off but couldnt. I will have to try again.

Yes I have a crack in the windshield
I know on Honda's when there is a crack in the windshield and water in the car its rotted on the pillars under the windshield, the rust kind of bubbles up and puts like pressure cause the crack under hot cold changes too

·
Premium Member
5,380 Posts
The "COWL" that is under the wiper arms fills with mud and holds water to promote rust. It's easier to pull the hood first to pull that cowl off. Just get a buddy to help-mark the hood's position B-4 pulling it off.The mud under there was a lot on mine! You may see the cause of the water leak upon inspection.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check the joint between the metal trim and the body around the windshield, I used a Dremmel to remove the old black plastic from the trim on my '85 and didn't realize I also removed the seal/gasket for the windshield. Also thought is was my sunroof not sealing 100%. Taped it off with black electrical tape around the sunroof, to wait until spring, still a soggy floorboard, that's when I realized the water was coming from the top of the windshield, where I had removed old dried up caulk/gasket material (taped it off as well). Going to have my paint guy repair in the spring, when I try to get a black P-Type to look like an original Terra Cotta.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Have
Whenever it rains my drivers side floor board gets wet. I think it is leaking from the mirror. Has anyone had this problem before?
Have you checked the body plugs that are on the outside of the floor pan. There are a couple of them and if one have rotted out the water could come in that way. If you are only getting the leak when driving

·
Super Moderator
8,139 Posts
Spray water around the different joints with a hose preferably while inside the car with the interior trim removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts