Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here ever used a water injection setup on their sup's or any other car for that matter? I'm hearing about significant gains in HP and in milage with water injection kits....

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about on NA engines, I have been talkeing to a guy that has installed a water injection system on a 4cyl toyota engine, he is claiming that he is getting a 10% increase in mpg while at cruising speeds on the freeway (being a commuter this would help me A LOT) Water would cool the air thus making it denser correct?

· Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I have read and heard water injection should not be used on startup and near shutdown of the engine. The engine needs to be warm enough to vaporize instantly the water otherwise you run the risk of getting water in your oil, letting the engine run for a few minutes before shutdown w/o water lets the pipes dry out completely. Keep in mind in most applications very little water is used (as far as I have heard) in a NA or even a forced induction car (i.e. 1 liter should get you though a full tank of gas)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.