Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!

- Cricket
Cricket, what is the policy with image uploads here? What kind of hard drive space can the board take up? I ask because we have a lot of old build threads that used photobucket originally. Photobucket has walked back eliminating free accounts, but they recently have started throttling the bandwith a free account can use to something so paltry it gets used up right away. Even if they walk that policy back too, they've proven themselves untrustworthy at this point, unless you agree to their ludicrous hosting prices. The built in image hosting here is convenient enough that its not actually that hard to convert some of these old threads to swapping the images to be hosted on this board, but it would be a waste of time if the company that manages this board decides to cap us to a smallish space limitation at some point, and/or worse, starts deleting old images.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cricket, what is the policy with image uploads here? What kind of hard drive space can the board take up? I ask because we have a lot of old build threads that used photobucket originally. Photobucket has walked back eliminating free accounts, but they recently have started throttling the bandwith a free account can use to something so paltry it gets used up right away. Even if they walk that policy back too, they've proven themselves untrustworthy at this point, unless you agree to their ludicrous hosting prices. The built in image hosting here is convenient enough that its not actually that hard to convert some of these old threads to swapping the images to be hosted on this board, but it would be a waste of time if the company that manages this board decides to cap us to a smallish space limitation at some point, and/or worse, starts deleting old images.
We do not have a limit as to the number of images you can upload to the site.

- Cricket

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
It's great to see an upgrade to the forum software. The changes I have played around with so far are welcome.

A minor UI suggestion... is it possible to darken the dividing line between each thread in the image below. Currently it's pretty bright and I find it affects readability on the new posts list.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's great to see an upgrade to the forum software. The changes I have played around with so far are welcome.

A minor UI suggestion... is it possible to darken the dividing line between each thread in the image below. Currently it's pretty bright and I find it affects readability on the new posts list.

View attachment 13814
I will definitely pass on that feedback to the developers.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
I will definitely pass on that feedback to the developers.

- Cricket
How is performance on your end Cricket? Up here in the Pac NW, I am still finding it a little slow. Not unusable or anything, but on my phone (on 4g, full bars) and my work computer it takes a few seconds for thread lists, likes and posts to show up.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How is performance on your end Cricket? Up here in the Pac NW, I am still finding it a little slow. Not unusable or anything, but on my phone (on 4g, full bars) and my work computer it takes a few seconds for thread lists, likes and posts to show up.
The weekly release was in the process of going out so it slowed things down for a bit.

I will monitor to make sure speed returns to normal.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
The weekly release was in the process of going out so it slowed things down for a bit.

I will monitor to make sure speed returns to normal.

- Cricket
Sounds good!

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the facts straight and everything working right before we begin our campaign of taking out the FB groups.

So private messages, I don't see any mention in there of limits. Monitoring your PM totals and deleting old messages was a horrible burden with the old software, do we have any to be aware of here?

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Sounds good!

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the facts straight and everything working right before we begin our campaign of taking out the FB groups.

So private messages, I don't see any mention in there of limits. Monitoring your PM totals and deleting old messages was a horrible burden with the old software, do we have any to be aware of here?
It's 2020. Life is good.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Where do I go to view more posts per page?
At this time, changing the number of post per page is not an option.

Your private conversations are unlimited.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Your private conversations are unlimited.

- Cricket
Awesome!

2 more questions :)

So just to clarify my previous question about hosting size and pictures, do you think its a good idea or not for people to convert their old threads, or continue to use the built in picture hosting for build threads and such? For instance, I have threads that are 10+ pages long with probably 200 or more pictures posted in them, and this is not uncommon. Any chance the hosting company is going to cap how big the cs.com database\server can grow in the future? Would it be wiser for those of us with huge pic collections to continue with external hosting?

Last, any plans to enable a paid subscription to the board in order to take out the adds? In the past at some point, we could make an annual contribution to the board and not have to deal with banner adds and such.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So just to clarify my previous question about hosting size and pictures, do you think its a good idea or not for people to convert their old threads, or continue to use the built in picture hosting for build threads and such? For instance, I have threads that are 10+ pages long with probably 200 or more pictures posted in them, and this is not uncommon. Any chance the hosting company is going to cap how big the cs.com database\server can grow in the future? Would it be wiser for those of us with huge pic collections to continue with external hosting?
We do not want to limit how many images are posted here so I do not foresee and issue.

You can certainly update old posts if you would like to do so, but keep in mind that there are editing limits.

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

Last, any plans to enable a paid subscription to the board in order to take out the adds? In the past at some point, we could make an annual contribution to the board and not have to deal with banner adds and such.
We are working with our development teams to introduce a new premium membership for purchase in the coming weeks that will allow members to view the site ad-free.

- Cricket

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow! I am impressed, great work by the admins!
Just had to adjust my Avatar a tad to the left, but this is so much better! (Even if I also liked the old Vbulletin forum!)
Hats off, and I look forward to use all the new functions! 🤗

·
Super Moderator
8,131 Posts
I don't like that it doesn't show the latest thread under the forum titles like before. Now you have to click on the forum, wait for it to load, then find out it's a thread you weren't interested in anyways. Repeat this for every forum and suddenly its very frustrating. There is also no mark forums read button so I have stuff showing as new 20-30 days ago.

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey there,

Those functions you're looking for still exist, they may just be in an unfamiliar, but I can help with that. Near the upper right-hand corner of the community, you will see navigation icons.

The first icon is for what’s new on the site.

Clicking on it, by default, will take you to new unread posts.

On that page, you can click on additional tabs as well, such as Popular, if you prefer to view active topics. You can also mark all as read from that screen.

Let me know if that helps you. :)

-Gerrit

·
Super Moderator
10,280 Posts
Aaron, just use the "New" button to browse new posts, and the "Following" button for threads you've already posted to keep up with replies. Or just use the Alerts page.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In "light" mode I have gray discs obscuring the right hand side of the screen. In "dark" mode they are white. What gives?

21 - 40 of 59 Posts