Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
In "light" mode I have gray discs obscuring the right hand side of the screen. In "dark" mode they are white. What gives?
Currently, the site is optimized for modern browsers that support display on devices ranging from desktop to tablet to mobile. Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge have some limitations across devices but we are working on finding ways to improve compatibility while maintaining as much of the function and design as possible. Are you able to try Google Chrome or Firefox as an alternative?

- Cricket

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That reminds me, is deleting posts disabled? I think that might have been mentioned somewhere.
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Any thoughts to designating moderators. At lease someone who can get rid of obvious trash posts like the one that was posted the other day.
I volunteer.
It looks like we need to add a few moderators to the team. It is a volunteer position. In addition to yourself do you have any recommendations for a few more?

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I do have ideas but would like them to volunteer themselves. Well except for AJ as he appears to be the post leader and is always on here.

Brings up another questions. Is there anyway to 'tag' someone so that it would give them a notification. For instance how can I tag AJ to let him know to read this post.

·
Super Moderator
8,135 Posts
It looks like we need to add a few moderators to the team. It is a volunteer position. In addition to yourself do you have any recommendations for a few more?

- Cricket
I'm willing to continue to delete the Uber spam if you want me back.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I might as well volunteer. Been here since the beginning too and I really want to see this board come back. Theres a few old posts I know of that could use some attention too. I was a mod on dorikaze for many years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I will be here during your transition to the new platform, to help with any questions, help with navigation or how to do things, and to listen to your feedback so please don't hesitate to holler at me. I want to help.

I do want to take a moment to introduce myself. My name is Cricket. When I was born, my father told his friends I was the ugliest baby he had ever seen, and that I sounded just like a cricket (I was born with the hiccups.) so yes, I have been Cricket for 58 years now. I live just outside of San Antonio, Texas. I spend most of my time off out in nature and exploring the back roads. During late autumn when it starts to finally cool down, I disappear from the world for a bit for camping trips and hiking.

Please don't be afraid to explore and test out things to see how they work on the site.

Although you can certainly use the "insert image" icon to upload an image to your post, you can also just drag and drop it to the text editor or even copy/paste it into there!
View attachment 13798
You can easily share videos just by adding the URL directly into the text editor!

Gif links from sites like giphy.com will display automatically just by adding the gif URL directly in the text editor. Try it!

I am also a huge fan of the dark mode for the community. What is your favorite feature?

We will be seeing weekly updates (approximately) to the site which are largely based on community feedback so we absolutely want to hear your feedback!

I have worked with VerticalScope for 5 years but I have worked with forum communities for closer to two decades.I won't always know the answers to your questions, but I can find someone who does, as needed. ;)

- Cricket

·
Administrator
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
We are currently in the middle of the weekly release so the site is currently slow.

Once the release is done, speed should return to normal.

- Cricket

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Only moderators and admins are able to delete a post, as needed, for situations such as duplicate posts. Simply report the post for staff assistance.

If a thread is deleted, it then deletes all the responses and thus other people’s posts too. Or, when deleting a post, people may respond. Then, if you delete one post, the following posts will not make sense - because one is missing it, it destroys the understanding and flow.

- Cricket
This is an age old debate and issue on forums, one we've changed our mind on a couple times over the years here. I think the last time we revisited it, we had gone back to allowing users to delete their posts. I'm not sure if double posts will be a problem in the future here or not, but it was in the past and it's super annoying for moderators to be the only ones who can clean them up. But as a user, it really is nice to be able to fully delete a post, at least within the first 24hours or so. Sometimes you just post something dumb or wrong and would rather just remove all trace of your stupidity and not have to edit the post and come up with some minimum message to satisfy the minimum character count.

As for users deleting their posts and making existing threads not make sense, that's something that used to be argued a lot here, but the reality is it almost never happened. We once had one real idiot do that, came in and deleted his entire existence here, 1 post at a time. But like I said, he was a real idiot, I think I he did us a favor lol.

41 - 60 of 60 Posts