Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke this morning to blaring scanners and police cars. Right up the road is one of the major rivers which runs through lots of property. I live on a hill, so I avoided anything serious. Theirs lots of missing homes, cars, and people. Lots of people trapped, awaiting rescue. It's really hard not being able to help people. Lots of hurting today.

A missing home. :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
damn... and i was just up there too.... we dont get anything like that down here in columbus. we get some bad weather but its never been bad enough to flood like that.

you're always welcome to bring your supras down here :)

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Ouch! I hope everybody's OK. Looks like you need to buy a shallow draft boat!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
It flooded on I 285 at forrest park yesterday. It has been nonstop rain for a week. I hope it stops soon!

·
Premium Member
4,081 Posts
It's flooded a few streets over here in downtown. Kinda ridiculous. I haven't seen the sun in a week. LOL.

·
Registered
843 Posts
wow Cody had no idea you were that low. But you can never tell till this level of storms come through. Glad your place is ok

·
Registered
82 Posts
Wow I know its kinda bad to say but good thing you got that Supra out of that farmers pasture when you did

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Billy, and thanks. We got over 6'' more last night. The towns shut down, because our main water line has busted. We're losing thousands of gallons of water a minute. Our schools, businesses, and plants around here are all off today. The roads I went down to get those pictures are shut down today, as they're under water.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Man, that's intense! Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hey Cody,

Glad to hear you are safe. We drove right by you on our way back from Greenville Sunday night. Thankfully I-85 was not affected at that time. It was not a fun drive. Major roads closed all over Atlanta right now making hellacious traffic even worse. Some people are even trapped in or out of their neighborhoods with washed out bridges.

This is the water creeping up in my neighbors back yard. Swing set is in the water. Hard to take a picture and hold umbrella at the same time while its pouring rain. Both of our houses are high enough to be OK.

This is my back yard. I'm sure things will look different after this is over. This is usually a calm creek that only has a little water in it when its raining.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Sweet realestate opportunity John, "House with Waterfall in Back Yard, $1.5mil"

If water ever gets that high, that close to my house, I'm sticking the jetski in it and riding!

--BillyM

·
Registered
861 Posts

Scotty

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
:zzzzz::naughty::zzzzz::naughty::zzzzz::naughty:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Well we have no water and I was getting water out of the storm drains to flush the toilets. A few miles from my house a lady died when he road washed out from under her. They did not find her untill this morning. I was on that road on my way home last night and there is a 18 foot hole in the road about 20 ft deep. My brother had only one exit from his house in Fairfield plantation all the other roads are washed out.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Many students at our school have lost their homes, since much of the Austell area here lies in a flood plain. The 15 inches of rain of the last few days caused waters to rise up during the school day and it surprised the school district. Many couldn't get home. This is a 100 year rain.

The guy I gave my red panda to --his house appeared on the news, up to it's roof in water. I'm assuming he made it out. I saw no supra's floating by on tv.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts