Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.kxly.com/news/22102349/detail.html

im "the boyfriend"

tho no life threatening injuries occured, and I am home and out of the hospital, my body is completely beat shitless, I cant hardly move a arm/shoulder/neck.
I will be getting more pictures of the actual scene tommorrow in daylight and hopefully the car itself.

that should explain it but I can answer any further questions as I will be spending a bit of time not moving and just sitting on the computer.

Here is a google map of the embankment where we went off

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...fbLwlrBRi8-rBhg163KYPA&cbp=12,246.03,,0,13.42

Ill let you guys individually play around and maneuver to see what on the other side...but if you read the article it says about 200 yards down...that only about half the embankment.

·
Registered
313 Posts
"ejected from the vehicle".. Makes a person wonder if you and your girlfriend were wearing seatbelts.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I was wearing mine. I was actually not "ejected"
My girlfriend was sitting in the middle seat and only had a loose lapbelt on.

They said I was ejected because I was out of the vehicle in mear seconds to get to my girlfriend who was about 15 feet up from the vehicle. She had stayed in the vehicle nearly the whole ride down the embankment as I grabbed (hugging essentialy) and held her to me (knowing I had my belt on)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow....
Glad to hear none of you are seriously injured.
A rough way to start the new year :SM130 (1):

What kind of car were you guys in?

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Isuzu trooper, 2wd with less than average tires

My dad went back to the scene for a few personal items from the vehicle that took nearly 5 hours to get it up.
he snapped a few pictures.
They are uploading.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Glad everyone survived and without major injury. I know what you mean by being sore. It's amazing what you feel like after a major accident. I had a motorcycle wreck when I was 23. The next morning my legs wouldn't come out of the bed. Had to pull them out! Everything in my body hurt for several days. Tough times.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Youch. Glad everyone is OK.
Wishin' you a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Glad to hear all of you are well, sad to know that they didn't get the story completely accurate.

Ice is gay, I don't care what you're driving. I don't like seeing snow hit the ground, knowing that ice may come as well. The car's done well this year partially cause I spent some time forcing the ass end around and reacting, but next year my Supra won't see much winter driving cause my truck will be ready. Rather be in the truck if I'm gonna do some spinning I guess haha.

Again, glad yall are okay. Take it easy, hope folks aren't around trying to put blame on this and that. Ice sucks...

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
dude wish you the best, i know is not a good starting but you will be ok, car is not important, your n your loves ones lives is more important in this crazy world.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Dag, no guard rails? Wtf? Where I live there are guard rails on 2 ft embankments!

That is an accident waiting to happen....maybe your county/city will put some up after this...but then again nobody "died" (thankfully) so they probably wont have to take any action (too expensive)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Scott,

I sure am glad that you all made it through that. What a nightmare. I'm looking at that site on Google Earth. I am shocked that you came through so well. That looks extremely nasty. Keep us updated please but get some rest, you sound wiped out.

You really were lucky

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
oh man thats intense! glad you and the girl are okay, rest up dude! and i hope you guys feel better soon

·
Registered
515 Posts
Wow that's a gnarly hill man... You're very lucky you didn't come up worse off than you did.
As my Mom says: An Angel must have been looking after you!
haha
How far down did the car slide?

You should look into having the city post up some rails there man... next time the victims may not be as fortunate as you were.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts