Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finaly did it 7mgte + led foot + dumping clutch= a blown 4-10 lsd. i was leaving a parking lot tonight when i pulled out in fron of trafick. i know this isnt a big deal thow do to the fact i have a 12s mk2 and a led food. well i rolled on it in first not to spin the tiers but i thought thats not fun so i grabbed second with the intent of lighting up the rear. thats when it happend i herd a loud bang and the a clunk clunk clunk on down the road till i stopped. i then got out to inspect what the hell went rong ( i already new the rear was tost but didnt wont to beleve it) to my suprise i couldnt see anything rong so with a freand following me home i drove another 12 miles home. yep the noises i herd werent the ones im use to hearing but i figuer what the hell if i make it home i dont have to towe it and i have a new 4-30 lsd at the house that i was planing on installing one of theas days . so now the time has cum i will have to go back to the track to see how the 4-30 helps my 1/4 time. Dave

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
That 4.30 is gonna hurt more than help. Your gonna have a harder time making boost in 1st and traction when ya launch will be a tihng of the past...

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Nope, sorry!!!! This topic has been covered here in the past!!!

It will NOT matter if you have slicks on or not...

With the 4.30 rear, all it's going to do, is make the motor wind up FASTER than your 4.10 gears!!!! You'll end up having to UPSHIFT from 1st & 2nd gears MUCH SOONER than before. Take it from several others here on the list & the forums, most have UPGRADED to the 3.73 gears, or something w/ a higher ratio, this way 1st & 2nd gears become somewhat more useful & you won't have to upshift quite as soon. With the higher ratio gears, it can stay in that gear a little bit longer so that the torque from the turbo motor can pull the car harder.. And the motor won't wind up quite as fast.

There is 1 person that I know of, that is running close to 400rwhp on his 7MGTE conversion & running a 3.42 rear ratio. With the current output of his motor, 1st & 2nd gear are still somewhat useless, but this is the exception. If you are still running close to stock boost, then a 3.73 rear is a much better choice (I've driven Jay Balducci's 7M when it had the 3.73 rear & stock boost, and Ophir Ronen's modded 7M when he had the 4.30's and the 3.73, before he switched to a 3.42. There is a world of difference, due to the different HP level).

And, if you are running at the track w/ the 4.30, don't be surprised if you have to shift into 5th before you get to the end of the track, because the motor is topping out in 4th gear. A 3.73 should prevent this

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
id like to go with a 3.92 or a 3.73 but for now my spare just happens to be a 4.30. once i get it out of the car and see what wenr rong with the 4.10 maybe i will make it into a 3.73 or just go out and fined one of a car. duse anyone have any experiance with this should i not even try to replace mine or just go look for a new one on other cars? Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts