Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the header on the car and tuned the amf 3 clicks clockwise but to be 100% honest i don't feel much of a difference, now i know my motor is tired but shouldn't i feel something????????

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
are you still using the old restricted exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Red mk2 supra ,,,
Have you raised you ignigtion to 16 BTDC at idle, the change in power becom more clear when/at higher ignigtion.... I got a feeling you havent raised it.
If you start with raising ignigtion , you will feel the other change in power too...
If you run stock 10 BTDC I am not sure you can feel the change..... but going 16 first you can fell the others too...

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
are you still using the old restricted exhaust pipes?
Tis a good point.
Lets color and example.

Lets say you get a new girlfriend. ...her name is "Power" and she weighs 550lbs. Well... Power comes over to your house, you got a big front door, and she squeezes in, but then you want to take her out back to the hot-tub for a little :naughty:.

Well... you find out that your hallway entryway (exhaust manifold) is too narrow for power to get through easily. So you widen it (headers!) and now she can pass cleanly though to your kitchen.

...but you and Power are still not getting-down in the love-pool, if you know what I mean. ...because you overlooked the back door (cat-back exhaust). Oh no! Rookie mistake. Get that sucker widened out (2.5" to a free-flow muffler) and you and Power can get down to business!

--billyM

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
IF your referring to TOYOTA PERFORMANCE HANDBOOK by PAT BRADEN its counter clockwise on how to adjust the AFM..and you should have a modified air filter, intake pipe, freeflow exhaust...

i got the header on the car and tuned the amf 3 clicks clockwise but to be 100% honest i don't feel much of a difference, now i know my motor is tired but shouldn't i feel something????????

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
ok well i have a noname filter i made a intake pipe im using some sort of headers with no cat and a cherry bomb turbo muffler and yes im usung the stock piping and my timeing is at 10 over

posted before i read billy post and you know you have use the most simple of turms to explain something not so simple to me, and i agree with 84ptype BILLY M FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes that's what i used in the first place to do the maf

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
You stated you turned the wheel in the AFM CLOCKWISE, Wes' instructions state.....
COUNTER CLOCKWISE....

I quote...

" To get a richer mixture you will need to rotate the gear in a counterclockwise direction. Most people with basic intake and exhaust mods find that between 2 and 4 teeth work well "

yes that's what i used in the first place to do the maf

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Billy very true Sir!!

But you have to have the knowledge, understanding and experience to use that tool, most of us here (not you Sir) dont have that level of knowledge = using the seat of the pants meter, 3 clicks CC I can feel...

Most people who actually want power also find that using a wideband to tune works better than guessing.

-billyM

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yes counter for a richer mix but i leaned it out clockwise.

and yes its a noob mistake not getting a wideband i cant afford one right now but as soon as i can i will get one

·
POTATO
17,324 Posts
Most people who actually want power also find that using a wideband to tune works better than guessing.

-billyM

I find I like using the dyno w/ wideband the bestest :sarcasm:

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
Billy very true Sir!!

But you have to have the knowledge, understanding and experience to use that tool, most of us here (not you Sir) dont have that level of knowledge = using the seat of the pants meter, 3 clicks CC I can feel...
Lol, I have an advanced degree in "cruising, you want the little "14" and "15" lights flashing, and when you're powering, you want the little "12" light on"...

--billyM

·
Registered
13,184 Posts
yes counter for a richer mix but i leaned it out clockwise.

and yes its a noob mistake not getting a wideband i cant afford one right now but as soon as i can i will get one
Buy it, use it, sell it. It'll cost you $30. Innovate gear is the best, bar none.

...want to know how much a rebuild costs after you melt a ringland because you were guessing? ...a bit more than $30.

--billyM

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow i thought all that was more like 200 bucks well that will be the next thing on my list

where would i look to get one anywhere???

1 - 20 of 24 Posts